Why become a member? ×

Amp Modellers

charic

What software modellers are you all using? I'm considering getting rid of my line6 spider4 as it rarely gets used and I'm unlikely to ever gig on guitar. I use ProTools as my DAW, the Eleven software seems a bit steeply priced although bloody good from what I'm seeing. Waves GTR3 on the other hand looks amazing at a fairly respectable price. Failing software modellers are there any decent relatively cheap rackmount modellers for studio use? Or would a pre-amp be a good way forward? Mostly it's for metal sounds.

Talking of which I've either got to mod my guitar or swap that out too :lol:

• 6 months later...

Those Spiders are horrible things, I reckon the likes of LePou will be a big improvement for recording. It's great even without considering that it's free. If you're spending, NI Guitar Rig is worth looking at - good enough for Trent Reznor, that's recommendation enough for me! As far as live goes, if I'm working a gig and a band rolls in with Line 6 Spiders I find that I may as well just throw the faders up and go the bar as try and sculpt a decent sound out of them. All fizz and no balls.