Why become a member? ×

Bass player needed in EDINBURGH

mcnach

I am having to give up my dear New Urban Frontier, and although I'm still around and I'm willing play the next few gigs, it would be good to get a replacement asap.

To listen to what NUF sounds like:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/newurbanfrontier"]https://soundcloud.com/newurbanfrontier[/url]

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1397067720' post='2420376']
Didn't realise New Urban Frontier were still on the go. Gigged with them a bit when I was in college. Seemed a bit more politically intense than I was up for at the time, but the music was interesting. Good luck with the hunt.
[/quote]

The lyrics are definitely politically intense :) but I'm not particularly political (I hate all humans equally, regardless which system of government they prefer :P) and it was not a problem ;)

I have only been with them since June last year, but yes, they've recently celebrated the 5th anniversary of the band.

If I could clone myself, or found a way to extend the day to have 3-4 extra hours, I'd definitely stay with the band.

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1397067720' post='2420376']
Didn't realise New Urban Frontier were still on the go. Gigged with them a bit when I was in college. Seemed a bit more politically intense than I was up for at the time, but the music was interesting. Good luck with the hunt.
[/quote]

Wow, that's three NUF bassists on basschat, as LawrenceH was in the band too. I'm playing guitar, but I guess it would have been Farhad while you were there. It's a fun band musically, nice and eclectic.
Regarding the political angle, I toyed with the idea of getting one of these t-shirts for gigging. It's perhaps a good thing that I didn't...

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1397073303' post='2420466']
Wow, that's three NUF bassists on basschat, as LawrenceH was in the band too. I'm playing guitar, but I guess it would have been Farhad while you were there. It's a fun band musically, nice and eclectic.
Regarding the political angle, I toyed with the idea of getting one of these t-shirts for gigging. It's perhaps a good thing that I didn't...

[/quote]

I so want one!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: