Why become a member? ×

Nux Phaser Core - dirt cheap phaser

dannybuoy

Just got delivery of this today, only £20 delivered from here (took a while to arrive from China though): http://www.donnerdeal.com/2013-newest-nux-phaser-core-guitar-effect-pedal-4-stage-and-tape-8-stage-tone-lock-true-bypass-white.html

How they can sell a pedal for this price with 32-bit DSP, stereo in/out, relay based true bypass switching (like you only usually get on top notch boutique pedals), and even a battery, is beyond me.

How does it sound? Better than the Small Stone or Phase 90 to me. I've not played with a great deal of phasers, but this one's very versatile and has no low end loss. Speed, Depth, Feedback and a Mix knob, and a 4/8 stage switch. You can even save a preset which you can recall by putting the switch in the middle position.

Drawbacks? Knobs feel flimsy, like they might break with a clumsy stomp (but I'm quite careful with my stomping). There's also a clicking sound when turning it on and off like some true bypass pedals suffer from. There's also a bit of volume loss if you have the mix set low, like the dry element is a bit too quiet. But this isn't a problem as I set it high and reduce the depth/feedback knobs to make it more subtle.

But for £20, I'm a happy camper!

Edited by dannybuoy

• 5 months later...