Why become a member? ×

Dimarzio Model Ps

rlord

Just a quick question - I want to replace my stock MIM P pickup. Reading around I reckon the Dimarzio Model P is the way forward, but I play always using my Tronographic Rusty Box. I read the model P is high output.

If I buy the model P is it going to give me jip with the Rusty Box i.e. will too much output from the pickup make the high gain settings on my Rusty Box redundant? The last thing I want is squealing feedback all the time.

Cheers

It`s a high output pickup, but has more in the lows and mids, less on the highs. It also breaks naturally a lot earlier if digging in hard. Not having used mine with anything other than an amp I didn`t have any feedback issues so can`t comment on that part.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1397244976' post='2422261']
I'll repeat.

Best p pickup out there.
[/quote]

Is neck and neck (pardon pun) with G&L MFD p bass type pickup, they are very similar (I have both, with both basses on TI flats).

You will not be disappointed

Cream, they are great pickups, but it has to be cream with tort. Here's mine.
[URL=http://s214.photobucket.com/user/EmmettChristie/media/IMAG0106.jpg.html][IMG]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/EmmettChristie/IMAG0106.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='rlord' timestamp='1397214190' post='2421837']
Nice one thanks - I'll get one. Now the only problem left is to decide cream or black. I've got a black P with a tort pickguard. My gut is saying go with cream...
[/quote]

Coincidentally just put a cream 'Model P' in my old black Tokai couple of days ago. Based on Bassbod's recommendation thought I'd try one, as fancied a change from the 'vintage' sounding p-bass tone. It sounds wicked, with a nice growl, some low mids - great on this bass which is strung with rounds. The output is higher than more 'vintage' voiced pickups, but it's not ridiculously high like Quarter Pounders etc... Still a lot of articulation with it, looks cool too B) . I'd recommend a Model P

[url="http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/nickonbass69/media/Basses/modelp008_zps494d9ee8.jpg.html"][/url]

p.s. By chance, I've also got a spare brand new cream Model P unopened still in box for sale if you're interested. ;)

Edited by nick