Why become a member? ×

SOLD!: Study/method books. Ray Brown, Rufus Reid, Dr. Morton, Gale, etc.
£35

[color=#ffffff].[/color]
A mix of study/method books. If you're a beginner to intermediate looking to get your walking lines and soloing in shape, you'll find these books invaluable. A really nice mix of technique and method/inspiration stuff here.[list]
[*]Ray Brown's Bass Method · Essential Scales, Patterns & Exercises
[*]The Evolving Bassist · Rufus Reid
[*]Primer Scale & Arpeggio Fingerings · Dr. Morton
[*]Technical Foundation Studies for Double Bass, vol.1 (Open Hand Technique) · Thomas B. Gale
[*]Technical Foundation Studies for Double Bass, vol.2 (Thumb Position) · Thomas B. Gale
[*]Practical Studies for Double Bass · Thomas B. Gale
[*]Melodic Foundation Studies Studies for Double Bass · Thomas B. Gale
[*]Expanding Walking Bass Lines (inc. CD) · Ed Friedland
[/list]
The Dr. Morton and Thomas Gale stuff I imported from the US, so I guess they're quite hard to get hold of here. Although thought of as more classically oriented, there's nothing to get your jazz chops in shape like good solid classical scales and arpeggio practice.

The Ed Friedland book, although targeted at electric bass, has a great play along and it is normal notation with chord symbols, so just as good for us double bassists.

The Rufus Reid and Ray Brown books... well, I'm sure you're all familiar with those.

[b]£35[/b] for the lot which represents over 60% off UK prices.

I'm in Poland. Will ship within the EU for £7.50

Pictures below are of the actual items. Condition of everything excellent. They are used, but I take good care of my books!

Edited by douglas81

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lobematt' timestamp='1398330780' post='2432885']
I'd take the Ray Brown and Ed Friedland books, I'm not an upright player (yet!) though! Give me a shout if you don't find a buyer for the whole lot =)
[/quote]
Really hope to sell as a bundle, but will keep your offer in mind, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...