Why become a member? ×

New bass time :)

JamesXP

Just spent a good few hours getting the set up right on this thing as it was pretty bad at first with not many note sounding past the 12th fret and buzz anywhere else!

managed to raise the action to my likings and now it sounds great... even better I raised the pickups as they were really low and that has done wonders for the tone I think...

I need to do some recordings!

here's better pics! :))

Agathis. I'll put up a picture of mine. Apart from the style of neck (mine is a maple black blocks Jazz), they could be twins! My body came from buying a Squier VM Fretless - yours looks very much as if it has the same origins.

EDIT: here's the pic

[attachment=161720:Dsc00003.jpg]

As can be seen, wans't cleaned properly after last gig!

Neck is Allparts, string tree = Fender, tuners = Wilkinson HWJB200s. Electronics stock, flat top knobs, Seymour Duncan SPB-2 pickup.

Edited by Telebass

Nice combo of bits there. My Bitsa P is Squier VM Jazz Neck (white blocks though), EMG pickup and a cheapo body from eBay. I'd been taking it to gigs as a spare, but to my amazement have played it far more than the main bass ('74 Jazz). it's light as a feather and just sounds more airy. All that is about to change with my new aquisition, but I'll still be taking the Bitsa P :)

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1397423806' post='2423846']
Bit of a concern on that first picture, that lead shouldn't come out of the bass and into the mains!
[/quote]
[quote name='JamesXP' timestamp='1397424221' post='2423858']
I prefer it that way... I find it makes my playing more electrifying..
[/quote]

Devastating repartee.... :lol: :lol: :lol: