Why become a member? ×

Come As You Are on a Zoom B3

silentbob

When I play it in my 3 piece I keep the verses & choruses clean and use a bit of drive to lift the bigger sections. As for the solo, our guitarist stops playing the riff to do the solo, so I play the guitar riff with some chorus & a hint of drive to fill the hole. I wouldn't do this if there was a second guitar to keep the riff going. The B3 covers the chorus but I use other pedals for my drive sounds.
this http://nirvananews.tumblr.com/ComeAsYouAre explains how they got the original bass sound.

My standard chorus sound is:
Pedal model - Chorus
Depth 45, Rate 23, Mix 65,
Lo Cut OFF, Level 100, PreDelay OFF,
I use an expression pedal plugged into the control in socket. And in the total menu I set the pedal assign to balance, min 40, max 100. All that enables me to push the exp pedal full up to get thick chorus, and back right off to give less of it. If you don't use an exp pedal you can play with the mix parameter to find what suits you best. Also, those settings work for me with my bass and my rig so they might sound a whole lot different through your gear. Using these effects might not be how the original sounded, but I'm just trying to help the band sound as good a possible, and it works for me.
I hope some of this helps you.