Why become a member? ×

ETS headless hardware

mybass

Would anyone know where I could get ETS (German) hardware from in the UK. Specifically for a headless design. I'm looking for headless bass hardware that will use normal single ball end strings. I got the idea from a previous post on a previous bassworld site but cannot find that builders post any more.
Cheers all.

[quote name='mybass' post='24952' date='Jun 29 2007, 03:37 PM']Would anyone know where I could get ETS (German) hardware from in the UK. Specifically for a headless design. I'm looking for headless bass hardware that will use normal single ball end strings. I got the idea from a previous post on a previous bassworld site but cannot find that builders post any more.
Cheers all.[/quote]

No idea for ETS.

Status hardware can use normal strings (status-graphite.com), as can ABM (from Allparts.co.uk) though.

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='24954' date='Jun 29 2007, 03:41 PM']No idea for ETS.

Status hardware can use normal strings (status-graphite.com), as can ABM (from Allparts.co.uk) though.[/quote]

Thanks Alpha, I thought Status only used the double ball end system. I'll make enquiries there as it could be much better to use "local" supplies. cheers

[quote name='skelf' post='25035' date='Jun 29 2007, 05:57 PM']You will have difficulty getting ETS hardware at the moment as production seems to be a bit erratic. I have read of few threads that say they have went under but others that say he is still in business.[/quote]

Thanks Skelf, I'll keep my ear to the ground on that one. Seems though that Status may be the answer.

[quote name='RIM Basses' post='25493' date='Jul 1 2007, 07:53 AM']Hi Mybass,

You could try ordering thru Enrico at www.woodandtronics.com in italy, other wise maybe check out ABM or Status. My last order with ETS took a while to get to me.

Cheers,

Robbie.[/quote]

Thanks Robbie, I may look into the Italian connection though the Status link is looking easier.
Cheers, Pete

I have a black 5 string ABM bridge unit if you're interested - the finish is a little worn but it works fine. You could get a Steinberger headpiece off Ebay which allows you to anchor the strings either using an allen key and nut, or using DB end strings.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='26075' date='Jul 2 2007, 03:44 PM']I have a black 5 string ABM bridge unit if you're interested - the finish is a little worn but it works fine. You could get a Steinberger headpiece off Ebay which allows you to anchor the strings either using an allen key and nut, or using DB end strings.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Crazykiwi. I need a 4 string setup for this next bass. Must look at ABM's site to see what style they do. I take it your bridge is a single unit 5 string?

Hi CK - How much for the bridge unit? (assuming it's for sale of course).

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='26831' date='Jul 4 2007, 07:48 AM']Yes, its an integrated 5 string unit rather than separate units.

[/quote]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='26831' date='Jul 4 2007, 07:48 AM']Yes, its an integrated 5 string unit rather than separate units.

[/quote]

Thanks for the pic. seems you may have a buyer there so thats good.

[quote name='Steve_K' post='27279' date='Jul 5 2007, 01:41 AM']The Status single tuners have the advantage of allowing you to space the bridge gaps as you wish, and the new design never takes any effort to turn (while never slipping unintentionally!)[/quote]

Thanks for the info Steve.

Hi Mybass

I have a 4 string headless bridge/tunner unit that i brought for a project thats no longer going to be used

as i recall spacing is 19mm (i'll check when i visit my workshop next)
it does'nt have a string retainer but you could team it up with one from status

your's for £25 (that inc postage) if its of any use to you let me know

Cheers
steve

• 1 month later...

Hi,

is the unit still for sale?

Cheers Michael

[quote name='Gizmo' post='29325' date='Jul 9 2007, 07:36 PM']Hi Mybass

I have a 4 string headless bridge/tunner unit that i brought for a project thats no longer going to be used

Cheers
steve[/quote]

• 1 month later...

My apologies Gizmo for not replying to you (or did I!!?).
I have been chasing up ETS but could you tell me or send a photo of the actual unit you have (had?).?
many thanks.

[quote name='Gizmo' post='29325' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:36 PM']Hi Mybass

Cheers
steve[/quote]

Finally got theough to Woodtronics. They informed me that the factory was undergoing new building works/upgrade and that was the reason for no orders coming through. They are looking at an order and costs as I type this.
Thanks.

[quote name='RIM Basses' post='25493' date='Jul 1 2007, 07:53 AM']Hi Mybass,

You could try ordering thru Enrico at www.woodandtronics.com in italy, other wise maybe check out ABM or Status. My last order with ETS took a while to get to me.

Cheers,

Robbie.[/quote]

Sorry Mybass

Michael beat you to this unit about a month or so back :)

I've had a quick poke around my hdd and i cant find any pic's of it i know snapped a few off but i cant locate them(been through a OS reinstall snice then)

fire Michael a pm and see if he can grab you a few im not sure if he has made use of the unit on a build yet

Soz
Gizmo

Ok Gizmo, thaks for getting back to me anyway, much appreciated.

[quote name='Gizmo' post='64879' date='Sep 24 2007, 05:20 PM']Sorry Mybass

Michael beat you to this unit about a month or so back :)

I've had a quick poke around my hdd and i cant find any pic's of it i know snapped a few off but i cant locate them(been through a OS reinstall snice then)

fire Michael a pm and see if he can grab you a few im not sure if he has made use of the unit on a build yet

Soz
Gizmo[/quote]

Thanks for the info Stefano. I have emailed Basslines. They had ETS in their listings but didn't seem to have avail. for the headless stuff. We'll see.

[quote name='stenobass' post='66799' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:26 AM']For ETS hardware you can try the German link [b]www.bassline-bass.de[/b] and go to their online shop. I am currently looking at the same type of bridge for a project. They can supply within 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Stefano[/quote]