Why become a member? ×

Reading Exercises using rhythm & rests.

sybass6

Hi Folks.

Here is a section from my new e-book 'Bass Workshop'. It's rudimentary reading exercises based on the C major scale using alternate rhythm, rests and note values. I hope you enjoy it.

Feel free to check out the book.

Simon.

[attachment=160321:Note Types, Rhythm Grouping 1.jpg][attachment=160322:Note Types, Rhythm Grouping 2.jpg]

Sybass6 - sorry to be a meany but the trouble with sight-reading is that you need heaps of content to practise...

I must refer students of sight reading (like me) to Sight Reading Machine for the iO/S. For £1.99 you get an app that generates unlimited numbers of sight-reading exercises to the parameters of your choice, including rests of different values (in bass clef).

And it plays them so you can hear of you're right.

So my suggestion to all learning sight-readers is check out Simon's e-book for theory and download the app too for practise to put some serious time and effort into 'shedding the music..

Quick edit: I have no affiliation with the app, just a happy customer...

Edited by visog

Many thanks. Absolutely. Get your hands on all the music you possibly can. But try to get involved with a band that makes you sight read every week etc. Big Bands are great for this. There are many many rehearsal big bands around. The music I posted was just a small excerpt from my book. :-)

Many thanks for the plug........I hope the reading is going well.

Cheers pal.