Why become a member? ×

Help with EUB problems please!

SiM

Hi. I've trawled through the forums but cannot find the answer to my problem, so wondered if any of you had also encountered this. I have a Harley Benton EUB. It plays fine with the on board pre-amp and headphones, but has an issue when plugged into an amp and a tuner. Firstly, when plugged into an amp it makes a buzzing sound, not exactly what I would call feedback as it is a low noise but no notes can be heard. I haven't anything else to test on the amp so cannot eliminate the amp as the problem, however when plugged into two korg tuners, one a bass tuner and the other chromatic, the tuners only register an overtightened G, so the EUB must be emitting some odd signal. Both tuners work fine acoustically with my DB or when resting against the bridge of the EUB. I'm aware there are some "fixes" recommended for the HB EUB but not being adept at electronics most of that goes straight over my head. :scratch_one-s_head: I expect something needs to be taken out and doctored, but any idea what and how please? Cheers, Si

Firstly, I'd test some other instrument through that amp
and check your leads too...

Not quite sure how you've plugged the tuners in
Don't think I've heard anyone else using 2 tuners before
Of course, there might also be a problem there, or possibly some sort of "conflict" in the tuners

Check your EUB through another amp too, and double check your leads
Good luck with sorting it, and let us know how you get on

Marc

EDIT: There may be some other friendly BC'er near your area, who'll let you try your bass in their amp?
or their bass through your amp? - worth a thought....

Edited by Marc S

Thanks Marc. I didn't mean the tuners were used at the same time, sorry for the confusion, just that the same thing happens with two different tuners which otherwise work fine. I have two leads, identical to each other (lindy 6.3mm mono audio cable) , but it happens with both, so unlikely to be a fault in the individual lead. The lead can plug into the amp or either of the tuners. The bass tuner has an input and output jack so can be connected in-line using two leads between amp and EUB. You're right I do need to eliminate the amp as the problem, maybe I can take it to a local shop and try an amp out there.