Why become a member? ×

TI Flats + Warwick Thumb = Ooooooooooh !!

KennysFord

I've tried a few different types of strings on my Thumb Bass over the last 18 months and settled on SIT Silencers (Nickels) as a nice compromise between a round and flat tone. The Silencers lasted a good 12 months and I figured it was time for a restring.
I fitted a new set of SIT's and although they sounded good, after a weeks worth of noodling at home, one rehearsal and a sweaty gig they were still a bit little too sizzly for my tastes.
I got to thinking about flats and as i like the Ti's so much on my Jazzer I thought I'd enter into a rather risky enterprise and buy a set for my Thumb, they are pretty expensive after all. I went for the J364 extra long scale set and fitted them this morning. Spot on for the Thumb NT scale length btw.
The results are nothing short of astounding, well to me anyway hehe. Absolutely killer tone from this combo, I was there or thereabouts with the SIT's but the Ti's take this bass and it's inherent tone to another level. They are nice, very rich and full on the bottom, Mids are lovely, smooth and buttery and they even out the G string and the top end shizzle a treat.
Best £50 spent this year so far I'd say and re the other thread about Warwicks and strings, apologies for not posting this in that thread but hey, I'm excited, I wanted my own. :lol:
B)