Why become a member? ×

Orange TB500H question

DogHammer

Ok, I may sound like a bit of a noob here but here it goes...

I have today received my first ever Amp and Cab seperates. I have always been a combo man, but bigger gigs are making me want to go a bit bigger and louder.

Anyway, my issue is I have an Orange TB500H amp, with an Orange OCB410 Cab, and they both have 2 Speakon connections on the back. Do I use 2 speakon cables to run this cabinet? or will 1 speakon cable do it? I have plugged in a single speakon cable and nothing comes out of it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me!

Just the one!

If you have two cabs, you have the option of either hooking up to cables to the head, or daisy chaining from one cab to the other. It makes no difference since all the connections are in parallel.

Edited by dannybuoy

• 1 month later...

Does the 2 pins speakon fit the amp and cab? 'Cause if I remember correctly you need a FOUR pins speakon but with only the 1+ and 1- connected. They're a bit different, the 2 pins connector is shorter and not able to lock in position into a 4 pins female speakon connection.