Why become a member? ×

NBD - Epi Jack Casady

risingson

This was kind of impulsive and not in equal measure! I've been after a hollowbody for a while and after being seriously disappointed with Fender's new Starcaster reissue I decided that I'd revert to the best best I'd previously tried out in a similar price bracket. I already knew these were good so it didn't really take me long at all to make a decision about buying the Epiphone Jack Casady model.

It's still strung with rounds, it'll end up with La Bella flats on in the next day or two. I'm still so impressed by how focused it sounds for a hollow body, there's a clarity and punch to the note that means it's open to all kinds of playing and music. I'll mostly be using it as a replacement for my recently sold '78 P-Bass.

The hardware isn't terrible either. Bits and pieces betray its price and quality of manufacturing with regards to the little details (and the pick guard has come straight off, I can live without it) but nothing that sacrifices the overall look and playability of the bass. It sounds terrific in fact! I'm incredibly impressed.

Quick pic

[attachment=160423:photo.JPG]

Well, I'll swim against the tide (nothing new there) and say that I like the pickguard. I've kept mine on. I might change my mind if the Epiphone E comes off, as I think that's what I like about it the most :)

Great basses whatever your opinion on the guard.