Why become a member? ×

Markbass off Ebay has gone wrong.

ambient

I only received it last Thursday, and now it's gone wrong, very disappointing.

It distorts when you play through it. I thought at first it was the battery in my bass, but I've changed that and tried a different bass too.

It was bought from an Italian shop on Ebay, I've raised a dispute so I'll hopefully get my money back.

I need something else now.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1397588619' post='2425494']
Markbass amps are only meant to be played in the country they're sold in/from. Maybe that's the problem.

I can't say I know too much about this stuff though
[/quote]

I think EU voltage is the same all across.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1397589586' post='2425509']
I think EU voltage is the same all across.
[/quote]

It is, I played in Holland and Germany with my UK rated amp and no problems at all. There is a slight variation between countries but amps have a built in tolerance for what we call 240v... obviously that doesn't extent to USA 110v. :D[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1397590718' post='2425516']
Cool :) as I said, I know bugger all about this stuff so just thought it might be a potential. Glad it's not though, more of a case for a refund.
[/quote]

I had to use google and I emailed Markbass before I bought it, I didn't know either to be honest :) .

Hopefully it'll be a refund, I guess I'll just be out of pocket on the return postage.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1397590910' post='2425518']

I had to use google and I emailed Markbass before I bought it, I didn't know either to be honest :) .

Hopefully it'll be a refund, I guess I'll just be out of pocket on the return postage.
[/quote]

I certainly hope you won't be, faulty item, they should pay return postage.

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1397591513' post='2425529']
If you paid for it with a credit card they can also assist with refunds (item not of merchantable quality - one does not expect a new electrical item to go wrong just days after purchase).
[/quote]

It's 2nd hand but advertised as 'like new'.

I bought some jeans from Ebay last year, they were never sent and the seller ignored my communications. I claimed off my bank having paid by debit card, they gave me my money back. This transaction was bank funded though.

When I bought my Marrkbass gear I contacted MSL re a good deal Thomann were doing and they said to not buy it, as the amps on there weren`t for our electric supply. I`m not technical, not good with all this stuff, but they said to get one from a British stockist, that`s from the supplier themselves.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1397599038' post='2425624']
As and when/if... but I bet if it doesn't sit well with their needs, there'll be loop holes!
[/quote] if/when maybe - but it should do sometime soon. At the moment there's so many different rules, for instance in the UK you can specify who has to pay the return postage, in Germany you have to send out the terms and conditions in full when a sale is made, in Spain you have to pay the return postage whatever. The new distance selling regs are designed to unify everything in the EU, you won't be able to refuse to post to italy for instance, and the return postage will have to be paid by the seller. It's going to be rubbish for a lot of sellers!

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1397596597' post='2425597']
When I bought my Marrkbass gear I contacted MSL re a good deal Thomann were doing and they said to not buy it, as the amps on there weren`t for our electric supply. I`m not technical, not good with all this stuff, but they said to get one from a British stockist, that`s from the supplier themselves.
[/quote]

Vested interest perhaps as MSL are the UK importer? As others have said they all run off EU voltage. The only issue would be buying one from the USA where they are 110 v . All my first MB purchases were from Europe and had no issues down to Voltage.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1397596597' post='2425597']
[/quote]

This sounds suspect to me, and if it is what I am thinking, it is a poor show towards a customer who is putting trust in their opinion.

As far as I know, they should work fine over here. They would have said to buy it from a British stockist to make another sale.

I could be wrong, but something doesn't seem right about that.

One of the many reasons I don't place trust in the whole dated system of 'supplier'. Basically, a middleman who makes money off holding boxes in a warehouse.