Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Warwick P-Nut III & Status Buzzard 2 ( I'll keep them ) please remove.
£6000

CPBass

As someone with a dicky ticker too (i'm 42) speak to your Cardiologist at length before you flog all this lot. You'll be amazed what you can still do even if you think you can't.....just my two penneth and if sale is the only way Good Luck but better luck with the health!!!

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1397653066' post='2426069']

Glad to read that you're hanging onto at least one of your basses!
[/quote]

Yet another big thanks folks.
I've worked very hard with my whole med team, I've had at least 5 yrs more than I was supposed to have ( gigging that is)
I even hired a roadie but enough is enough now. Thanks for the positive vibes though. The way things are so far Ill have no choice but keep them earning their keep ;-)
No big bites yet!

Cheers folks

Col

Edited by Buzzardist

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1397689409' post='2426613']
Don't do it Col, who cares if they only get played at home?
[/quote]

Thanks Lenny, much appreciated

@ Graham.
I think these basses need to be played, sitting around waiting for the odd knock is not what they were built for. I feel it would be a waste of good wood. Any buyer will understand my reasoning. Believe me though when I say I'm xxxxxxx gutted!!!!!

Edited by Buzzardist

Muchos grasias guys. The empathy from the community is palpable.

It could be worse, at least I can still play. I'm gonna use the time to brush up on technique and theory which Ive allowed to get a tad sloppy. Just think, no lugging up fire escapes, no more negotiating the gear out of a venue through drunken revellers into a cold wet night for a few hours drive and reverse the process lol.

Nearly convinced myself there ha ha

Sorry to hear why this sale came about. I must admit that one day in the future I'd hope I might have been able to pick up one of those P-Nuts if you were ever parting with them, but never imagined so soon. Whoever picks 'em up I'm sure will be happy (unfortunately won't be me), but I hope things work out.

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1397851483' post='2428039']
I cant stop looking at the P-Nuts..... Much better than cashews (thanks, im here all week)........ I just love them. I want one. Some barsteward needs to pick up my ss2 though :(
[/quote]

Sales patter needs work Markus :P
Bump.

Sad to see a player forced into early retirement. I would not be comfortable with benefitting for your situation. But if you ever need to part with your Dingwall Z3 I am sure there would be a disorderly queue.
Good luck with Sale of your Warwicks & Status. I already have a very nice limited edition FNA Jazzman, otherwise I would be tempted. Cheers

So sorry to hear of your health problems Col and I think you are right to focus on staying as fit/healthy as you can. After 34 years of playing live/in bands I am taking a sabbatical from gigging and in a way your sale has humbled me because I am doing it through free choice. All the best and I'm sure these instruments will find good homes soon. ;)

Thanks for the kind words Jon,
Ive read your thread and your sentiments rung true with me also. Gigging aint what it used to be and i think thats made my decision a tad easier. Who knows what the future will bring though, theres still plenty one can do with bass without having to gig so it aint the end of the world.

Cheers and good luck.

Col

[quote name='BassManGraham' timestamp='1397984191' post='2429118']
Sad to see a player forced into early retirement. I would not be comfortable with benefitting for your situation. But if you ever need to part with your Dingwall Z3 I am sure there would be a disorderly queue.
Good luck with Sale of your Warwicks & Status. I already have a very nice limited edition FNA Jazzman, otherwise I would be tempted. Cheers
[/quote]

Cheers Graham,

The Dingwall is probably the best bass Ive ever had my hands on so I'm gonna hang on to it for now. I'll give you the first knock if
I change my mind,

All the best

Col

Well, although very close
The II is a a bit calmer and has a smoother output than the III. The 3 is more skittish, more presence in the mids and a marginally hotter output.

A bit like Ferrari & Lamborghini.
They do the same thing very well but in their own way.

P-Nut 2 is a more subtle instrument, the III is the younger brother with ADHD.

Enough analogies?