Why become a member? ×

What cab for TC Electronic BH500

Stevofinlayson

I had a BH500 for a while, with a TC BC210 and BC212, it was very loud!

If you are talking about pairing it with the TC cabs from the same range. Of those two the 212 was probably the better cab for a one cab set up, [u]but[/u] I did get to try a BC410 with the a TC BH500 and that was probably the best of the lot.

Quite light for big cabs too.

It was pure vanity that pushed me to get a two cab 'stack' with the 212 and 210. In hindsight the 410 would have been a better option, think it's the same size as the 212 so no difference in terms of ease of transport etc.

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1397747014' post='2427058']
In hindsight the 410 would have been a better option, think it's the same size as the 212 so no difference in terms of ease of transport etc.
[/quote]

The BC212 is the same size as the BC210. The BC410 ([color=#000000][font=arial, verdana][size=4]W x H x D 594 x 662 x 426) [/size][/font][/color][size=4]is a bit wider and deeper than the BC212 ([/size][color=#000000][font=arial, verdana][size=4]W x H x D 462 x 662 x 380).[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, verdana][size=4]When I bough my BH500 + 2x BC212 stack, I somehow managed to get the second BC212 for free. Think that offer is long gone now though.[/size][/font][/color]

I have that head, and the BC 410 and the 212, assuming that I'd regularly need the lot as my band is v loud and we only use pa for vocals, but only use the full stack for one very large venue, and even then I'd probably get away with just the 410. The 410 is way loud enough and gives a great sound for the money for me, we do rock covers, my guitarists have a marshall 4x10 and an Engl 2x12 that are earth shatteringly loud. Oh and I put castors on the cab so it's only ever a short lift and then freewheeling!

Edited by sykilz

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1398361229' post='2433428']
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sDrHy8d.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

^ this looks marvellous, I'm doing the budget version of above,with a new Mex jazz ( white and maple ) through the BH500 into the BC410, best set up for the stuff we do that I've ever owned, would heartily reccommend for the weekend warrior rockers out there!

[quote name='Stevofinlayson' timestamp='1397742399' post='2427010']
Looking to buy a TC Electronic bass head, and wondering what cab I should get to go along with it, preferably one cab rather than two. Should I go 2x10, 2x12 (which are 250w) or 4x10 (which is 500w), 250w gives me more scope to link up 2 cabs and easier to transport.
[/quote]
After considering the logistics of transporting your cab(s) I think that you need to have a listen to a few with the amp and let your ears and personal taste decide.

• 5 months later...

According to this TC 'active power management' info . . .

http://service.tcgroup.tc/media/tc-electronic-power-rating-and-active-power-management.pdf

. . . the "long term W_RMS" for the BH500 amp into 8 ohms is 225W and into 4 ohms is 250W.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, a cab rated for 250W should be OK with this amp.

Personally, I would send TC Electronic an email and ask them which of their cabs can be safely used with the BH500 - both individually and in combination.

It would be interesting to know what the 'horse's mouth' has to say on the subject.