Why become a member? ×

Mexican P-Bass machinehead replacement - Opinions & Suggestions

sirmuppet

Hi all.

I have a Fender Precision Bass Special made in Mexico. One of the machine heads is damaged and needs replacing. I've spoken to a Fender dealer and Fender UK are currently out of stock for this specific part. It's only £17.99 for a full set when they are in stock. I've looked over the net in the UK and can't find any one who has them in stock.

So I was thinking about rather than replacing them how about I upgrade them? So really I wondered if any of you guys have replaced your P-basses with different tuners and could recommend which ones would be good for my bass and which ones would fit?

Ones that fit are a must obviously and I'm having a hard time finding out which ones will fit. Hipshots site is good for telling me which ones I need but any other brands etc...

Thanks in advance,

Here's a stock pic of the headstock and tuners I currently have

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="http://s444.photobucket.com/user/ferengo/media/EbayInstruments/EbayInstruments001/IMG_4313_zps2e2298a1.jpg.html"][/url][/font][/color]