Why become a member? ×

Ashdown EB 180 head no output?

mikebass84

I lent my head to a friend over the weekend as his has been stolen. Everything worked fine but now I've got it home it's not working.
II'm getting no input lights or any output.
Took it to practice tonight to kmake sure it wasn't the cab or leads and same problem.
AAny ideas?

I had a similar problem with my eb180 combo, it turned out to be one of the leads had fallen off the power socket at the back of the amp, reattached it and its been fine since, alternatively it could have blown a fuse as you say there are no lights so its electrical not a cab or lead.

this is what was wrong with mine.
[URL=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jeffhop/media/SNV80331_zps142482d0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/SNV80331_zps142482d0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Ok so it was working fine. But then stopped working but this time when I turn the output knob I get an odd crackle and the speakers move.

I opened the head up aand one of the fuses had blown so I bought some new ones and changed both. Still doing the same thing.
All the cable are attached and nothing looks blown.

Help!

I'd check the underside of the circuit board and see if any of the solder joints to the larger components has fractured. These will be the parts most likely to vibrate and break a join,or even a track. A rapid disconnect/reconnect at the output can cause the fuse to blow due to the inductive effect of the speakers. Often, a quick dab with a soldering iron is all that's needed.