Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Bare Knuckle 58 Precision Pickup
£70

[b]PRICE DROP £65 including secure post[/b]

I bought this pickup on March 7th this year, it's had no more than 2-3 weeks of use. The only reason for this is that I sold the 1966 Precision Bass which I installed it in. I wanted a pickup with a bit more edge than the vintage one which I had installed, but I ended up changing the bass for something better suited to me. It's a great sounding, very well made pickup which cost me £97 brand new.

These are hand made in Cornwall and are built to old specs.This pickup does exactly what it says in it's official description:

[b]The '58 Split Coil P is based on the slightly later split coil design with flat profile, hand bevelled, Alnico V magnets arranged across two coils with opposing wind direction and magnetic polarity to cancel out hum. Scatter-wound by hand with 42AWG plain enamel wire, the tone is stronger in the bass with a more controlled high end and slightly scooped mid compared to the earlier single coil. Characteristic of the later '50s P basses, there's more output on tap for a muscular performance with exceptional punch. [/b]

[attachment=160578:P1060582.JPG]

Edited by Chiliwailer

• 3 weeks later...