Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Alembic Epic 1994 Zebrawood top. A beaut.
£850

JazzBassfreak

So after withdrawing for a while, aswell as long hard thought, unfortunately one way or another I have to part with my beloved Alembic Epic. I love this one dearly and is an absolute cracker to play but I'm really not getting on with it and looking for something more conventional in trade (options below) or cash towards something in the ways of.

Very good condition apart from a couple of dings here and there. An absolutely amazing player and hands down the best bass I have ever played. Three piece maple set neck, Alembic adjustable nut, bridge and tuners, ebony fingerboard, mahogany body with Zebrawood top and maple cap underneath, 24 frets. Pickups are original Alembic soaps, not sure on the series. The logo on the pickups is slightly worn yet still visible. Better/more pics available on request.

Looking for old tobacco/sunburst Fender Jazz basses, 60's-78 no reissue offers please! I'm interested in well playing 4 string 24 fretters nice for tapping, Spector, Ernie ball Stingrays with matching headstocks, Ernie ball Bongo Basses, Alembic Spoiler/Persuader, Benavente & Sadowsky's too XD

Please no modern Fenders or P basses(Already got an American J and P's ain't my thing). (cover is off in the pics but is included too) comes with custom fitted flight case.
Cheers.

Edited by JazzBassfreak

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1397773336' post='2427399']
Oh god ... this is back to haunt me :)

Aaargh!
[/quote]

Back to haunt and yet more trade options have arisen :P all I ask is a nice white/black stingray with a matching headstock, or a bongo XD I'd like all trade offers to be 4 stringers please!

Edited by JazzBassfreak

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1397987783' post='2429162']
Cheapest Alembic I've ever seen - absolute bargain for a bass of this quality!
[/quote]

A big +1 on that.

An Alembic like this for a grand? JBF is being daft in my opinion, but GLWTS anyway, and someone is going to get the bargain of a lifetime on a bass they could easily sell on for a profit. They have got an Alembic Epic of a similar age and condition to this one in Bass Direct at the moment , albeit a left-handed one, and they are asking £1600 for it.

These are great basses, and have a very grown up version of that unique, wide-bandwidth Alembic tone that is so addictive. These basses have got a deep bottom end , rich mids and a sweet and extended high frequencies which give the harmonic overtones that distinctive "pop" that you only really get with an Alembic. They are made differently to other basses, and as a result they have a unique sound. That is why they are usually so expensive.

I remember reading how Flea tried one of these Epics out in a shop around the time the RHCP started recording the One Hot Minute album , and he was so knocked out with it that he bought that bass there and subsequently used it to record the entire album with ( except the slap part on Aeroplane, which he used a Stingray for. The solo is the Alembic, though) .