Why become a member? ×

Fender bitsa P, active, double P pickups, Ash body, J neck. ******SOLD ******
£255

hamfist

It is with a slightly heavy heart I am placing this up for sale, as I have put a lot of time and love into building it. However, I am simply wandering away from my love of P basses at the moment as they are just not fitting in to my current musical projects as well as other tones.
I suspect I could split it and sell the parts for more but this bass works so well as a whole I would prefer to keep it together.

So, its a P bass, with ......

- A new Fender-licenced Mighty Mite Jazz neck, with new Wilkinson tuners, Genuine Fender decal.

- Body is two-piece swamp ash, with a light antique pine stain to enhance the grain. Finished with a Danish oil and wax finish. Immaculate. Small battery cavity on the rear.

- extra P pickup. neck pickup is a Duncan SPB-3, bridge pickup is a Wilkinson one.

- Control cavity is routed larger to accommodate extra electronics.

- Probass Stinger preamp, which I think goes very well with P pickups.

- MIA Fender neck plate

- custom tort scratchplate.

- Bridge is a very solid Matsumoku-made Fender-type.

- Controls are ... pots for volume, bass and treble. Mini-toggles for battery on/off and pickup selection (front or back. There is a large un-musical mid-scoop if you blend two P pickups in these positions so that is not an option on this bass - could easily be changed though).

This bass is immaculate. There are no scratches or dings to the neck or body at all. The bridge is 30 years old but still in great condition. Really beautiful looking bass, and plays as good as it looks.

Completely knocks the spots off any squire or MIM Fender IMO.

£265 posted to you in a hardcase within mainland UK. May trade for 4 string Jazz or soapbar-equipped bass. 40mm nut or less.

[url=http://www.ephotobay.com/share/ash-p-body.html][/url]
[url=http://www.ephotobay.com/share/ash-p-full-body.html][/url]

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1397813094' post='2427570']
There's no stopping Beedster - even on Good Friday! :D
[/quote]

I've always wanted a two P-PUP Precision and was really taken by that bass when I first saw it, IIRC in a build thread. Rather fortuitous log-on to BC at 8.00 am this morning and it was top of the list. Happy days :)

Hope all's well Nik?

Chris