Why become a member? ×

Mmmmm.....warwick or ibanez?!

paulbass

Hi everyone! I currently own a 1998 warwick bolt on which ive had for abour 7 years now and its a great sounding bass...i love it. However since watching a band a few months ago the bassist was using an Ibanez ATK800 which blew me away. The tone from it was awesome and the tonal range seemed never ending! It has quite an unusual look about it which i liked and it does make it stand out from other basses IMO.
If i was to buy one of these basses it would mean selling my warwick to fund it which would be a bit of a wrench . I do have mixed emotions on this,espeacially hearing stories from other bassist that regret selling their basses.
Do any of you guys know much about these ibanez atk800 basses? Any help or advice i would be thankful for.
Thanks all :gas:

Perhaps the awesome Ibanez ATK800 tonal range may have had as much to do with other factors (ie amp, cab, strings, effects, playing style, etc) as purely just the type of bass being played... just sayin'. :)

And yes, in my experience if you have a bass with a history and you love it, then don't move it on as you will surely regret it.
[size=4]If you [i]still [/i]have itchy fingers then at least play an ATK for yourself before doing something irreversible![/size]

[size=4]What if you sell your Warwick and then don't like the ATK? :)[/size]

Edited by discreet

Ibanez looks a bit like a peavey t40-alike?

I probably wouldn't sell my Warwick for one, maybe save up for a couple of months and buy a second hand one? Means you can give it a good go but not lose the safety of a good Warwick...

[quote name='paulbass' timestamp='1397893676' post='2428244']
Thanks guys i think you've convinced my to keep hold of my warwick and resist my impulses to get the Ibanez...for now! ;) I think i will look out for a secondhand one when one comes available and that gives me time to save up. Cheers!
[/quote]
As an owner of both a Warwick and Ibanez (an SR though) I think your making the right move as you need both :)