Why become a member? ×

Robert Palmer

moonbass

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1397988464' post='2429173']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf33KekKBL8[/media]
[/quote]

I really, really want that horn section. Can someone buy it for me, maybe for Xmas or something?

Been opening our show with 'Bad Case of Lovin' you' for ages now. Half because of the 'Dr Dr' reference - and I've been forced against my wishes to stop putting 'leader of the gang' in the middle - but anyway - always liked R P. Big fan of the Power Station stuff too though I'm sure many just think it's a load of 80s nonsense. Being of an age where I remember music coming on big black plastic discs , the first CD I ever bought was 'Riptide'. I remember 4 of us in the works kitchen trying to figure out how to open the case !

Actually, I have a great Robert Palmer story.

I had to get a dep for a gig a long time ago (15 years) and I called a guy with some considerable pedigree (no names this time). I introduced myself....

Me 'Hi there. My name is Robert Palmer and I need a dep'

Bass Player 'Not THE Robert Palmer'

Me 'No'

Bass Player 'Good. He's a tosser'.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1398152714' post='2430860']
Actually, I have a great Robert Palmer story.

I had to get a dep for a gig a long time ago (15 years) and I called a guy with some considerable pedigree (no names this time). I introduced myself....

Me 'Hi there. My name is Robert Palmer and I need a dep'

Bass Player 'Not THE Robert Palmer'

Me 'No'

Bass Player 'Good. He's a tosser'.
[/quote]

You should write one of your biographies about him!

Robert Palmer by Robert Palmer

How many people would put it under AutoBiographies?! :lol:

One of our finest singers; a sad loss.
This is a really good compilation for anyone who has only ever played addicted to love in covers bands ad nauseam like me and would like to hear more:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Masters-Collection-Robert-Palmer/dp/B001KJITZI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1398270788&sr=8-5&keywords=Robert+palmer+master

[quote name='originalfunkbrother' timestamp='1398338681' post='2433061']
I was in the barbershop the other day and I think they had tuned into Smooth Radio, 'Every Kinda People' came on and in no time I was nodding and bopping away.
[/quote]

That's the last thing I would do in a barbers, you could end up with a Mohican!!!!

Just to add four or five eggs, our band regularly played support at Bournemouth Pavilion in the mid 60's, and Robert Palmer with the great Alan Bown Set was one of the highlights (along with a certain Davy Jones & The Lower Third, now who could that be?).