Why become a member? ×

NBD - Gretsch Shortn and a Cheapn

Number6

So.....i wanted a short scale bass as a back up and went out today, i now have a Gretsch Electromatic Jet Bass. I am really impressed with the quality for a budget instrument. It is very playable and finished really well. Only playing it will bring out it's foibles but it seems like a nice little bass to me for a couple of hundred quid :-)

I tried one when shopping for a short scale for my partner, she bought the Squier Bronco because it looks better, but I think I'd have gone for the Gretsch if it was my decision. It is a lot of bass for the money.

i've got the junior jet as well, the single pickup version.

i replaced the bridge for a gotoh and it's a mean little player, no doubt about it. you can get some really classic tones out of them and the neck is extremely fast due to the size, but still nice and chunky. i'm thinking about fitting a thundertron pickup from tvjones in a few months.

i'd love to try the painfully-expensive thunderjet model to see how nice they can go.

Edited by Philip_