Why become a member? ×

Album Preview a bit of Prog Rock

steviedee

Hi Everyone my band, Abel Ganz are about to release a new album. We are running a pledge campaign and are at over 100% at the moment which we are over the moon about. I put together this video as a preview to one of the tracks 'Unconditional' the whole tune clocks in at over 14 minutes, this is the intro section.

For anyone that's interested I played a 77 Stingray with a clean signal going to an RBI and a another clean signal going to an RPM and the engineer reamped it in the studio!

I hope you like it and I hope this is the right forum!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXxtqIgsYpk"]https://www.youtube....h?v=dXxtqIgsYpk[/url]

what a shame you cut the demo just as the bass got going into a nice riff and it changed feel in the song. I would have liked to hear where it was going. Good video from stills though, some vids just cut from image to image twice a second and become nauseous, your had a nice mix but kept the feel. I know nothing other than being a punter who buys stuff I like - all I would say is bring a few different movements in the song(s) into the demo rather than just one section, it gives more feel of where the whole thing will go for the potential buyers.

Cheers,
Rich

Cheers for the Feedback Rich, we need to do a few more vids for the pledgers so I'll keep your points in mind mate.

Alright Oops very very kind of you. Our website is currently being used just to showcase the Pledge campaign here is the link http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/abelganz which tells you a bit about the new album, we have Jerry Donahue from Fairport Convention guesting on one track which is awesome. But there are loads of great musicians even, pedal steel players, flugelhorns even a brass band

Two items -

1. your website has been taken over by the pledge, so how can people find out about the band, members, back catalogue songs, contact info etc..? I'd suggest the pledge should be part of your site, but not take it over. I want to know more about you guys but can't.

2. Can you pledge without having to register on that site? I don't use facebook, and hate getting spammed to death so tend to avoid registering for generic sites? For instance what is wrong with a link on your own website with a paypal button to make the pledge?

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich we decided to focus the site on the campaign as we were a bit worried about not reaching our target. We've sold quite a few CDs over the years but haven't exactly harnessed the power of modern communication. It turned out we reached our target quite quickly. So it might be an idea to open the site up again. We were looking to do a redesign so it seemed like a good idea.

The band have been going in one form or another for over 20 years which us nuts!

I think you can only pledge through Pledge Music though.

Thanks Nigel we've spent a lot of time trying to get things to sound right.

Edited by steviedee