Why become a member? ×

Who would buy one of these guitars?

flyfisher

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1398004962' post='2429430']

So that's still 'General Discussion: If its bass or music related ....'
[/quote]

Feel free to copy it somewhere else if it's a big problem.

Personally, I've never bothered with any of the forum categories. I always use the 'view new content' button, having selected the 'new since my last visit' option and if I want to search for something then I just search 'forums' and it covers every category anyway.

Another website I use has a huge number of forum categories and as regular posts complaining about whether almost has been added to the correct forum/sub-forum, while another website has a very active forum with only ONE category heading and the individual posts titles are self-explanatory.

I can't honestly say that either method is particularly better than the other, except the latter one doesn't get clogged with posts moaning about where a topic has been posted ;)

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1398009439' post='2429477']
Feel free to copy it somewhere else if it's a big problem.

Personally, I've never bothered with any of the forum categories. I always use the 'view new content' button, having selected the 'new since my last visit' option and if I want to search for something then I just search 'forums' and it covers every category anyway.

Another website I use has a huge number of forum categories and as regular posts complaining about whether almost has been added to the correct forum/sub-forum, while another website has a very active forum with only ONE category heading and the individual posts titles are self-explanatory.

I can't honestly say that either method is particularly better than the other, except the latter one doesn't get clogged with posts moaning about where a topic has been posted ;)
[/quote]
I'm wasn't moaning, I asked a question and then responded to an answer. Anyway music topics in 'Off Topic' is quite normal and I wouldn't expect any different.. But I'm just one of the people who prefers to avoid 'Off Topic' and instead talk about music.

Nothing wrong with instruments made from 'found materials'. More visually arresting than bog-standard factory output.

Here's some examples from round the web:

[size=3]The Orchestra of Recycled Materials of Ceura[/size]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1398009775' post='2429482']
I'm wasn't moaning, I asked a question and then responded to an answer. Anyway music topics in 'Off Topic' is quite normal and I wouldn't expect any different.. But I'm just one of the people who prefers to avoid 'Off Topic' and instead talk about music.
[/quote]

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you. Re-reading my reply, I think it was tainted by some of the ridiculous arguments on the other website forum I had in mind about topics added to the 'wrong' sub-forum. In fact, they could probably have a whole sub-forum devoted to arguments about topic classifications!

Anyway, you're right that this isn't really 'off topic' given that it's very definitely music related, so my apologies for that. Perhaps a friendly mod will nudge it into the 'general discussion'?

I haven't tried these particular oil can guitsrs, but I spent a very pleasant afternoon at one of the guitar shows 10 years or so ago trying all the different Afri-can guitar models and would have bought one if they'd actually been available to take away there and then.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1397997450' post='2429323']
Gives a whole new meaning to "oil finished body". :)

I'm sure they'll find a ready market with the irritating hipster crowd - if ukeleles can become popular then it proves that some people really will buy any old sh*t.
[/quote]
Ukuleles are brilliant. Calling them old sh*t is both naive and ridiculous.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1398010885' post='2429502']

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you. Re-reading my reply, I think it was tainted by some of the ridiculous arguments on the other website forum I had in mind about topics added to the 'wrong' sub-forum. In fact, they could probably have a whole sub-forum devoted to arguments about topic classifications!

Anyway, you're right that this isn't really 'off topic' given that it's very definitely music related, so my apologies for that. Perhaps a friendly mod will nudge it into the 'general discussion'?
[/quote]
No dispute with you intended.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1398018004' post='2429602']
Humblest apologies.
[/quote]

Reading those two words while looking at your profile picture has just put a massive grin on my face.

Ta!

Edited by Vinny