Why become a member? ×

Justin Timberlake Bassist change - who's the guy?

Faithless

Okay, so I was listening to a few live songs off the latest JT's tour in UK and Ive noticed that there's no more Adam Blackstone (Timberlake's MD).

I ran through 3 UK shows and they all had some other guy doing bass - he who plays green/white J bass with pickguard.

I made a few screenshots off the shows - its not great quality,because it was filmed with cellphone presumably, but I hope some of you would be able to work out his name..
[attachment=160826:image.jpg]
[attachment=160827:image.jpg]

Edited by Faithless

It's Eric Smith.

Does loads of work for Adam Blackstones company BBE.

He also does the Rihanna shows when Adams busy.

Adam Blackstone didn't join the European part of the 20/20 your because he's been busy in the states MD'ing for Pharell.

Edit: if you want to find him on twitter it's @PikFunk

Edited by JakeBrownBass

I really like Justin Timberlake's music, and not just because he looks very much like a slightly younger version of me but with less impressive dance moves . If you listen to his albums, there is some very soulful , state-of-the-art modern R&B going on there . It's pop music, but it's very good and very sophisticated pop music. Needless to say, all his musicians are tighter- than- tight players .

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1398111337' post='2430620']
It's Eric Smith.

Adam Blackstone didn't join the European part of the 20/20 your because he's been busy in the states MD'ing for Pharell.

[/quote]

Why is it in these pop gigs it's always the bass player who MDs, while in musical theatre they always play piano?

I'm not a huge JT fan (although I do like the funkier stuff) but his bands are almost always really classy and amazing musicians.

There's some great live footage out there of the band holding seriously tight funky grooves.

Lots of the vocal harmony work is great as well.

I've always really respected him for picking such quality musicians and, from what I've seen, insisting on always performing live :)

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1398111337' post='2430620']
It's Eric Smith.

[/quote]

Yeah, I ran through Adam's Twitter and realised that he was off doing Pharell thing at Coachella..

I'm not that ashamed anymore that I didnt get my JT tickets yet, if Blackstone isnt doing Euro dates though..

BTW whats wrong guys like Blackstone, E Smith, Kern Brantley - their social activity is pretty much non-existant.. I mean, you wont find something else other than a few interviews and few crappy rehearsal videos.. Brantley promised to make a Symth Bass tutorial DVD, but I think its around two years now, when he's 'doing' it..

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1398147483' post='2430824']
And he's a great dancer. As I may have mentioned before. A few times :D
[/quote]

Justin is O.K at big events like the Grammys or the Brit Awards with all his troupe of professional dancers to back him up, but put him at a wedding disco in Deptford and he would go to pieces. Some of his moves are pretty slick , I will admit that , but none of them can match my own radical and innovative choreography, especially the way I now combine the classic Claire Sweeney jazz hands with the leg on a string routine. That has never been done before in the history of dance.

I am mystified as to what has just happened in my absence ? Why do I always miss the exciting stuff?

I really am a good looking man , just as handsome as Justin, albeit in a more downtrodden manner.. Let him sue and I can provide medical evidence to support that claim.

Or is the prospect of liable because Manchester United are using their lawyers to rewrite history in an Orwellian manner and threaten to sue anybody who says that David Moyes was ever their manager, hand picked by Alex Ferguson to succeed him, and that he was gloriously useless?

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1398193122' post='2431525']
It stands to reason that if you quote a post that has been removed for having libellous content then your post will be pulled as well.
That's not a reflection on your content so don't take it personally. :)
[/quote]

My finest comedy hour ruined.

I'm going to write to the lead singer of Echo And The Bunnymen.

Dear Mr Echo..

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1398191765' post='2431499']
Not quite sure what there isn't to like about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0__5muEjA

His melody at 5:26 gets me every time.

Si
[/quote]

This band, as our American friends might say, kicks some serious ass :)