Why become a member? ×

Hi from an old un...

Nige52

Hi, my name's Nige and I'm an alco....oops! Wrong forum..... :D
Seriously, hi from Wolverhampton. I am a reborn yet again into the world of music at 62 years old, this time as an aspiring bass player. I've played rhythm in various band since my early 20's, mainly on the C & W Cowboy circuits, then in a couple of Blues bands.
A couple of years ago I took up the ukulele and formed a club in Sedgley, near to where I live and the club has blossomed into one of the biggest in the area. We don't only have ukes, we have a full time bass player/luthier who is excellent at both, a snare player, a Cajon thumper, various guitars, kazoos, blues harps, an occasional double bass and a mountain dulcimer (Stick dulcimer), great fun and enjoyment for all :)
Our club does charity gigs and in keeping with it being a uke club, several of us have bought rubber band strung bass ukes, which are ok if you can get used to the strings. I myself have bought and sold several bass guitars over the last year, and am still looking for a half decent long scale, in the meantime I make do with a lovely little Samick Greg Bennett Mini Corsair 25" scale, which I love.
I have a preference for short intruments as I do a lot of computer recording using Audacity so find small and short scale guitars are better for me.
That's about it I suppose.
Nige

Edited by Nige52

Good evening, Nige, and ...

[url="http://www.smileyvault.com/"][/url]

... to the forum.

62, eh..? Well, I suppose another youngster won't do any harm. There are a already quite a few of us grumpy ol' sods already ensconced here. At least it's warm. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353

Well thank you very muchly! :)
My problem is, my birth certificate and my body tell me I'm 62.....my mind tells me I'm a big kid that can still run up and down the Pyg and Pyke track up Snowdon......well, up and down the street...:D
I recently sold off a lot of my full size guitars and kept the half size, here's a pic of the one side of the room, there's more on the floor and other walls.
Nige :)

[attachment=161410:SAM_0700.JPG]

Welcome to the forum, Nige. :)

Pretty much everyone on here is ancient (with one or two notable exceptions) so you'll fit right in.
I just popped in to shelter from the rain about four years ago and never left.
Better get my meds ready for tomorrow... hmm he heu mm (mumbles)

Edited by discreet

• 1 month later...