Why become a member? ×

SOLD - NS Design WAV4 - Amberburst
£400

Sad to see this go but I need funds for recording gear!

You probably know all about these by now, but these are the now discontinued entry-level NS Design basses, which were replaced with the NXT 4.

It's a serious instrument and is great to get used to scale and radius of an upright bass - unlike the Dean Pace etc this features a very 'true-to-the-real -thing' fingerboard which is a joy to play on. The sound is also great - it can cop a decent fretless 'mwah' tone as well as an upright 'thump'. Electronics are fine, clean pots, no crackling etc.

I bought this for myself for my 21st birthday, and it has had light home use for the last 4 years, but to be honest has been left in it's (included) padded case for most last year. It will also come along with the Tripod Stand - I'm not an expert here, but I'm sure this was the second model of the stand as the first was fraught with problems, and this one seems fine to me!

Having got it out to take the photos and give it a play, it's still in great condition, minus a small ding where my guitarist dropped it :rolleyes:. It's only visible on the bottom of the body and can be seen in this photo -

[attachment=161660:F3B00640-4409-45BA-943C-80D79E578856.jpg]

There's also a small amount of string wear on the fretboard which can be seen here -
[attachment=161654:7F34F0D6-A0AB-42E2-9733-EAE8962BCBFA.jpg]

I'm based in Bristol, and would prefer not to courier, but could meet halfway etc. I travel with work and gig around the country regularly so could potentially work something out.

Looking for £400.

Only (part) trades that would be considered would be a VT Bass DI, a Fuzzrocious Rat Tail, a decent mic for use on a Bass Cab, any Matamp gear, and maybe an interesting Jazz Bass...

Here are the original spec's from NS -

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2]SPECIFICATIONS:[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * LENGTH: 132 cm (52")[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * WEIGHT: 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.)[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * SCALE LENGTH: 106 cm (41.73")[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * STRINGS: 4[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * CONSTRUCTION: Solid beech wood neck and body, flame maple face veneer[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * FINISH: Gloss polymer[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * COLORS: beautiful shaded Amberburst, Transparent Red, or Piano Black. The Amberburst and Trans Red show off the figured maple veneer tops, and the Solid Black presents a very clean and professional "black on black" look.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * FINGERBOARD: Black Rosewood; 43.1mm (1.7") wide at nut; 89.0mm (3.5") max. width[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * BRIDGE: Rock maple (dyed black); radius 7.9cm (3.1") string spacing 80 mm (3.14")[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * NUT: Black Rosewood; radius 7.9cm (3.1"); string spacing 31mm (1.22")[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * POLAR™ PICKUP SYSTEM: The directional piezo pick-up system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound)[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * ELECTRONICS: passive volume and tone control[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * TRUSS ROD: Powerful rod design provides positive relief adjustment, accessible at nut. See text above outlining range, it cannot completely flatten the board.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * TUNING MACHINES: Fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * STRINGS: Light tension flatwound steel strings are standard. Accommodates all NS length strings and most long scale acoustic double bass strings.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * TRIPOD STAND: (standard) Black steel, fully adjustable, standing tripod design. Weight 3.2 kg (7 lbs.) Note: All basses come with the newest version stand with the redesigned head.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * END PIN STAND: (optional) Offers full freedom of movement. Height, tilt and "right bout" angle are fully adjustable providing a more conventional feel. Weight 2.3 kg (5 lbs)[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * SHOULDER STRAP SYSTEM: (optional) guitar style shoulder strap for full mobility[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2] * GIG BAG: (standard) Padded gig bag with integrated bow pocket, handle and backpack style strap. External pockets for stands and accessories[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...