Why become a member? ×

Celinder J Vintage fretless 5 - no longer for sale!
£2300

SpinalTap

[b]Celinder J Vintage fretless 5. Very hard to find bass, in a fantastic conditio[/b]n.
Bought this one early this year, and it is a stunning instrument. Sound and looks.
But I just don't like 5 strings anymore (I knew this could be an issue, when I bought it), so I decided to let this go.

Specs:

* 5 string Celinder J Vintage fretles
* like new! Only some normal wear in the coating of the fretboard
* Original as it left Chris Celinders workshop in 2007
* Custom burgundy finish
* maple neck, coated brazillian rosewood fretboard, Alder body
* Normal weight for a Celinder Vintage. It's not as light as a Sadowsky, but also not as heavy as the Update model can be
* Celinder custom pickups, Aguilar 3 band pre-amp, with passive/active push/pull
* Comes with the original Hiscox case.

A fair price for such a rare instrument in this condition. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Pickup and try-out from Amsterdam, meeting at the Dutch border, or worldwide shipping are no problem.
I bought and sold a lot the last 10 years, without any problems.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by SpinalTap

Free bump for this bass and a great seller. I corresponded with Rory about buying it and he was kind enough to send me all the neck measurements etc. It was really helpful, as I now know that I would not get on with this neck - that's the only reason I'm now immune to its awesome colour and looks. This bass caused me a sleepless night, but I can now rest easy. Someone is going to love this though.

[quote name='SpinalTap' timestamp='1399567645' post='2445463']
Thanks, Funkie! Could have been a great combo with your shoreline gold J Classic 4.
[/quote]

It definitely would have been. But the neck is just a bit too wide side-to-side for my tastes, and getting a luthier to shave down the neck would have been a desecration of the instrument.That plus 19mm spacing doesn't work for me on a 5er either, I have learned.

Superb bass, though! I don't think it will stick around here for long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...