Why become a member? ×

May Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[b][color=#800000][size=5]May's Composition Challenge is now underway.[/size][/color][/b]

[size=5]Here's the image for your inspiration…[/size]

[size=5]And here are the rules 'n' stuff…[/size]

By entering the competition you agree to the Basschat [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]Terms & Conditions[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/3178-forum-guidelines/"]Forum Guidelines[/url], which are designed to help ensure the forum remains free of offensive and/or illegal behaviour and material. In a nutshell:

[b]1) Please avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.[/b] If your track contains explicit lyrics, for example, then please warn other forum users so they can choose for themselves whether to listen to it.

[b]2) Please make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds included in your track[/b] (ie. sounds that you have not recorded yourself, such as samples of other people's music). The owners of Basschat accept no responsibility for infringements of copyright or other forms of legal ownership, which are solely the responsibility of competition entrants. If we spot any breaches of copyright then your track will be removed from the competition.

For reference: here's a great source of copyright-free material, all available under Creative Commons license:http://www.freesound.org/

[b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating!

If you have any questions about the competition rules, just ask.

[color=#800000][b][size=5]The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday 25th May.[/size][/b][/color]

Don't hang around...! ;)

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1399032671' post='2440210']I've seen this guy before. He's a nutter. I'm in.[/quote]
He is indeed! Mustang Wanted... total lunatic. I watched a Channel 4 documentary about urban free-climbing a few weeks and ago and he featured prominently. I suffer from vertigo and some of the stuff he was going left me feeling queazy :blink: Incredibly brave [i]and[/i] stupid.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1399032978' post='2440221']Once again, food for the imagination. Vertigo..? Hang on in..? Beanie hats..? Finger style..? Cliffhanger..? Small trees..? Hmm... Not as easy-peasy as one would think. I'll be back...[/quote]
Nice one Doug, some interesting ideas there.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1399037677' post='2440317']Got something. Like a contrast thing. Got something down already![/quote]
Bloomin' 'eck, that was quick! :)

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1399037677' post='2440317']
Got something. Like a contrast thing. Got something down already!
[/quote]

[Robert Robinson] Ah, but will you find time to finish the opus, sir; there lies the rub..![/Robert Robinson] ;)

Edited by Dad3353

HOLY SCHMOLEY

My heart felt it dropped like a stone when I saw that picc, in a physical sense , that is soooooo uncomfortable to look at its untrue.

I don't 'do' drops, heights, falling risks , and even thinking of others doing it gives me the shakes .

Bizarre , I know , it just gives me terrible anxiety. :(

I will have to come up with a work around on this one , Hmmmm

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1399042250' post='2440386']can work with this one i think, lets do it[/quote]
Nice one Rob! Go for it mate.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1399056586' post='2440622']HOLY SCHMOLEY

My heart felt it dropped like a stone when I saw that picc, in a physical sense , that is soooooo uncomfortable to look at its untrue.[/quote]
I'm with you on that Lurks! I'm terrible with heights myself. If you want a real scare, search under 'Mustang Wanted' on YouTube and watch some of his videos. They make me feel faint!!

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1399057407' post='2440632']Well, my view on that picture.....
Just some yob, lying on the roof of the entrance lobby of some high rise in Peckham,
With an Alien attack going on behind him.[/quote]
Haha, brilliant Gary! Now you've mentioned it that's all I can see :D

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1399082733' post='2440918']
Here you are...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/dad3353/can-i-help-you"]Can I Help You..?[/url]

Enjoy...
[/quote]

:o :gas:

FFS Dad , I think we need a [b]daily[/b] composition challenge for you :lol:

I wont go to it until I've done mine , :)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1399100206' post='2440952']...FFS Dad , I think we need a [b]daily[/b] composition challenge for you :lol:...[/quote]

How goes the expression..? Ah yes... "Strike whilst the iron is hot" or similar. Daily..? Nah; when would I sleep..? :lol:

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1399100206' post='2440952']...I wont go to it until I've done mine , :)[/quote]

Yes, I always leave listening until I'm done, for fear of muddying the waters. Came out funny one month, when I found I had a very close theme to several others, so it can go against one, too..! Still, being among the first releases me to listen to following pieces as they get presented, so there's an advantage to being rapid. The downside is that my stuff is generally unpolishable..! :blush:

[quote name='timhiggins' timestamp='1399116116' post='2441176']
Bleeding'ell that was rapid ! nice work dad...
[/quote]

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.com/][IMG]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-041.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Well done Doug! I haven't listened to it yet but top marks for speed.

Coming back to Lurks comment on a daily challenge.... Actually a 'Weekend Challenge', maybe with a prize of some sort if we can arrange one, might be a nice idea sometime, assuming we give ourselves enough notice of when it would happen.

I've also been thinking about running a charity challenge one month. We could package the entries up as an 'album' on Bandcamp (say for £3) and give the proceeds to a good cause. In fact, there's no reason why we couldn't do that every month. Something to consider :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1399116609' post='2441187']
Well done Doug! I haven't listened to it yet but top marks for speed.

Coming back to Lurks comment on a daily challenge.... Actually a 'Weekend Challenge', maybe with a prize of some sort if we can arrange one, might be a nice idea sometime, assuming we give ourselves enough notice of when it would happen.

I've also been thinking about running a charity challenge one month. We could package the entries up as an 'album' on Bandcamp (say for £3) and give the proceeds to a good cause. In fact, there's no reason why we couldn't do that every month. Something to consider :)
[/quote]

I think I would struggle with a weekend one in the summer months, ( Dad could get a couple of entries in :rolleyes: ) but in the depths of the cold winter I could possibly get one together , but the charity idea is a good one . Though my entries might stand up in the context of the challenge , I dont think they will get the appreciation they deserve in a wider context of actually paying for them :D