Why become a member? ×

Letts 6 String Fretless - SOLD!!!
£400

UPDATE*
I am now up for trade offers on this. I don't need to sell this but would rather have something that is going to get some use. I am up for trades for 4 and 5 string basses that are fretted. Cash either way considered. I fancy a Jazz bass at the minute, preferably MIJ and not sunburst but all basses considered. If you have seen my post in the repairs forum you will know i may need to get some repairs done to my amp/cab so i might be up for trades for amps/cabs but for now its just basses.

am looking to move this bass on and realise its a bit topical at the minute but needs must. I have realised a prefer the sound and feel of ACG basses so have ordered a fretless 6.

Condition wise i would say its in good condition however the finish is quite soft therefore it does have a few marks. The worst mark is on the top of the lower horn (see picture).

Sound wise despite its modern look its a very smooth sound and not aggressive. I think it sounds more like a P bass than anything. If you are looking for a more modern tone it would be easy to add a preamp which would liven it up plenty. The controls are the same as a P bass so volume and tone.

Currently strung with new d'addario round wound strings. This bass is very light much lighter than my other basses my scales are out of order but i am guessing around the 7.5 to 8.5 mark.

Spec is:
6 string fretless singlecut
mahogany body
spalted beech top
mahogany neck
Letts pickups
Ebony ramp
Ebony bridge
Hipshot tuners.
Beech and ebony tone block.

When Jon was building it he accidentally put fret markers on both edges of the fingerboard doesn't really matter tho as you can't see them.

Price wise i am asking £400 comes with a worn Warwick Soft case. I would much prefer to meet up and let the buyer try the bass in person. Happy to drive. This was one of the first Letts bass special and i paid £475 all in. I am not sure how much it would cost for Jon to make one now but i am guessing well over £1000 plus the wait time.

[url="http://s915.photobucket.com/user/andrew_workman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0489_zps93300caa.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s915.photobucket.com/user/andrew_workman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0486_zps17d81af8.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s915.photobucket.com/user/andrew_workman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0812_zps71c101a8.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Dread Bass

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump.

UPDATE*
I am now up for trade offers on this. I don't need to sell this but would rather have something that is going to get some use. I am up for trades for 4 and 5 string basses that are fretted. Cash either way considered. I fancy a Jazz bass at the minute, preferably MIJ and not sunburst but all basses considered. If you have seen my post in the repairs forum you will know i may need to get some repairs done to my amp/cab so i might be up for trades for amps/cabs but for now its just basses.

Edited by Dread Bass