Why become a member? ×

Tascam bass trainer - which one?

Hutton

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Tascam GB-10 about a year ago and the issues have with it are probably minor but irritating just the same.
if you have a track on and you press the [<< button to go back to the beginning of the currently playing track it goes to the beginning of the previous track so you have to press the >>] button to get back to the track you were practicing to which is frustrating. The other thing I would like is a line-in so that you can play along to tracks from your iPod or mp3 player rather than having to fill the memory card from your computer in advance to play along. Finally the screen is not backlit so is not always easy to see what is going on.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='plunkrock' timestamp='1401913015' post='2468324']
I picked up a MBT-1 on here recently and have been pleased with it :)

Handy little thing, the bass cut/boost and looping features are what I use most and they work well.
[/quote]

Yes, the bass cut/boost is one of the things that the MB-BT1 does better than the GTR-1.
But then the GTR-1 has basic drum rhythms to play along to, and allows you to record, direct or via in built mics.
They would both benefit from some way of trimming the loop points.

The built in effects (IMO) are pretty crap in both of them, but then I never really use effects.

You pays your money ....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1401793034' post='2466836']
I bought the Tascam GB-10 about a year ago and the issues have with it are probably minor but irritating just the same.
if you have a track on and you press the [<< button to go back to the beginning of the currently playing track it goes to the beginning of the previous track so you have to press the >>] button to get back to the track you were practicing to which is frustrating.
[/quote]

Press stop twice, that takes you back to the start of the current track. That annoyed me too until I found out how to do it.

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1401793034' post='2466836']
The other thing I would like is a line-in so that you can play along to tracks from your iPod or mp3 player rather than having to fill the memory card from your computer in advance to play along. Finally the screen is not backlit so is not always easy to see what is going on.
[/quote]

Having a line-in sort of defeats the point though. You've probably got a line-in on your amp, use that instead.

I've had both the CD-BT2 and the GB10, and I prefer the GB10.