Why become a member? ×

Free! 2x12 Cab Unloaded 1970's Free!
£10

[size=5][b]Now Free[/b][/size] (on Collection)

My very first cab from 1978. Does the do for bass or guitar. Cosmetically challenged but structurally fine.

[b]And Free![/b]

Can be used horizontally or vertically. Bang in some 12" speakers and you've got a functioning 2x12. Built by a company called AVS who mostly did cinema and club installations.

[b]And Free![/b]

Sorry, collection only from BA15 (near Bath) or I will drop it off for petrol within a reasonable distance. PM me with any questions :)

[attachment=162273:empcab 2.jpg]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1399717949' post='2446919']
Don't you mean *vintage* 2 x 12 cab?
[/quote]

Indeed.

"This [i]vintage[/i], mojo-laden loudspeaker cabinet oozes retro roadworn authenticity.

May* contain dope stash traceable to Joe Strummer of The Clash; possibly[sup]+[/sup] used to disperse the forces of 'Babylon' during the Ladbroke Grove riots of 1976. A significant item of considerable rarity not only for the 'rock historian' but also for the collector of beautiful artefacts." **

[size=1]* Or may not. [sup]+[/sup] Probably not. ** Description comprises 100% bollocks[/size]

[size=2][/size]
[size=3][b]Police Inna Babylon[/b]: Look out lads - he's got a 2x12! Run like f**k![/size]
[size=3].[/size]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1399733939' post='2447158']
:D Should be on display in the V&A, not on sale here for mere pennies..
[/quote]

Yet surprisingly functional. Recently ran an LP Jr through a non-MV Marshall JMP head into the (then installed) Goodmans Audiom 12PGs.

One 'windmill' later I was a thin, bloody smear on the rear wall. :lol:

That's lovely. I want it, I want it, I want it. I can't afford it this week, or probably this month, and I'm too far away anyway. It's beautiful. I can't have it. Sorry for the interruption. :)

(Normal service please resume now.)

Respect. When I try to sell stuff like this I generally get bugger all by way of replies. :huh:

Anybody made an actual offer for this item yet BTW?

Edit? I thought you'd moved already! Shows how much attention I pay. :rolleyes:

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1400088269' post='2450659']
Edit? I thought you'd moved already! Shows how much attention I pay. :rolleyes:[/quote]

We did move, last September; now we're moving again. Was going to be March but LL decided to postpone his house sale till next month.

Life in rental, see. Always an adventure. :lol:

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1400174743' post='2451505']
I wonder how many times this cab was gigged at Stonehenge for the Solstice.....?
[/quote]

Once a year for hundreds of years before the dawn of history. However many times [i]that[/i] was. :)

'May contain a fragment of The True Cross' -type bump

"Dear Mr Del Var

I am instructed by His Holiness to inform you that your 2x12 cabinet (unloaded) is referenced in the following documents as possibly containing a fragment of the Crux Veritas and therefore possessing Holy Qualities.

(i) The fourth letter of St Nicodemus to the Romans AD 47

(ii) Appendix XXIV of the minutes of the second Nicaean Council of AD 787

(iii) Expenses claim form submitted by Cardinal Beppo of Mantua circa 1443

His Holiness wishes you well and eagerly anticipates hooking up for a sherbet when he comes over to view the cab. Any chance you could move a bit on the price? The Vatican museum is a bit strapped ATM.

Yours

Father Fegato Veneziana
Papal Private Secretary

[size=5][b]Life's A Riot with The Druids[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Betty[/b]: I'm glad you like your new cab, Bob, but what about the one-in, one-out policy?[/size]

[size=3].[/size]

Edited by skankdelvar

Looks suspiciously like the box for the enigma machine at Bletchley park. Given its age, it may well be.

I [i]think[/i] the marks on the top were mdd by a Supermarine Spitfire, unless I'm very much mistaken - scuffs are too close together to be otherwise.

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1400174743' post='2451505']
I wonder how many times this cab was gigged at Stonehenge for the Solstice.....?
[/quote]

Funnily enough I have an old Melos tape echo that was advertised with a photo of the seller's band gigging it at the Stonehenge free festival circa 1983. With that sort of sales pitch, how could I resist? Perhaps it was perched on top of this cab!

Edited by Beer of the Bass

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1400786038' post='2457075']
I [i]think[/i] the marks on the top were mdd by a Supermarine Spitfire, unless I'm very much mistaken - scuffs are too close together to be otherwise.
[/quote]

I recently discovered that fighter ace Wing Commander JE 'Johnnie' Johnson had on several occasions slung this cab beneath his Spitfire for use during Rhubarb raids over Northern France in 1941-42.

Johnson's tactic was to fly immediately above his enemy's cockpit and unleash a 110db blast of the 1936 Victor Sylvester hit "You're Dancing on My Heart". Startled by this loud and unexpected development, 'Fritz' would immediately soil himself while Johnson - taking advantage of his opponent's discomfiture - would manoeuvre himself into position for a perfect deflection shot.

Johnson's 'Sylvester' kills during this period totalled 8 confirmed and 5 probables, including 2 FW 190E's, an ME 110, a Fieseler Storch, two staff cars and a Limousin heifer.

One lucky buyer will get all this uncertified history free with the cab.

• 1 month later...

[center][size=5][b]NOW FREE![/b][/size][/center]

[center][b][color=#ff0000]Price slashed with unparalleled savagery![/color] [/b][/center]

[center][color=#0000cd][b]Crazy No Cost Option! [/b][/color][/center]

[center][color=#ff0000][b]Take It Away Today (or any other day)![/b][/color][/center]

[center][b][color=#0000cd]Only a Mug Would Turn Down An Otter Like This![/color][/b][/center]