Why become a member? ×

Beep Beep I'm a Jeep! (aka Hi there)

Danj

Being a backwards sort of chap, I have been lurking in the background a while, and only recently started posting properly on the boards.

So, I thought a quick introduction might be in order.

Bonjour! Salut! Yo! Greetings!

My name is Dan, and I have been playing bass for about 20 years - yoink! it's a shock writing that. Started when 16 in the usual fashion of having some mates who played guitar / drums and needed some low end support.

First band was a grunge/indy impro group called the Stoned Yetis, swiftly developing into a performing band 'Hot Buddha and the Furious Schmoo' with guest guitarist/tuba player, and a 'play by numbers' synth man.

It kind of went downhill from there really.

I now have a lovely collection of gear which I continue to slowly expand, I have an album on the go, some library music floating about and I try and take part in the local musical community. Bit of depping here and there.

Stylistically, pretty broad from electronica, to 'good metal' ( :P ) to melodic,. prog, definitely funk / jazz and motown.

Getting more into playing jazz at the moment and working on reading dots rather than being lazy with chord charts... just the lack the time to really get it nailed at the moment. Interested in learning more about structuring harmony and melody which melts my brain a bit.

Well up for meeting players in the area (Aylesbury, Bucks) for jams and sharing sessions - I think its a great way to learn.

Hoping to be involved in a new musical project soon but will see how that pans out. Sooner or later will try and form my own band in the 'jazz funk soul meets glitch hop / retro electronica in the gym cupboard and has terrifying babies' style.

Thats probably about it off the top of my head.

As I said, 'Beep beep!'

Hey Dan

check out the upcoming Herts Bash 2 in the "Events" thread..

[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/welcome2_zpsf405cba2.gif.html][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/FairfaxAikman/welcome2_zpsf405cba2.gif[/IMG][/URL]