Why become a member? ×

Att all Zappa fans!

Grand Wazoo

A bit of a late notice but I've only just found out about this, [b]https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/events/ike-willis-and-zappatika-just-passin-thru-tour-2014[/b]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif,]

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 20:00 Thameside Theatre, Orsett Road, [size=4]Grays, Essex[/size]

[b][size=4]Tickets £13.50 available here: [/size][size=4]http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=THAMSIDE&organ_val=22879&schedule=list&event_val=0EA6[/size][/b][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif,]

American vocalist and guitarist, Ike Willis was a regular member of Frank Zappa's studio and touring bands from 1978 until the final Broadway The Hard Way world tour of 1988.
Willis is also the voice of the Thing-Fish, and Joe on Joe's Garage.
Ike and ZAPPATiKA last joined forces on stage with a dynamic three hour headline show at the Zappanale Festival in Germany in 2010.
ZAPPATiKA was formed in 2007 with the intention of performing some of Frank Zappa's music - but also to further develop the bands' own eclectic rock compositions.
They have toured in various European countries with their live Zappa show, and in March 2013 they headlined the first night of Festival MOO-AH! in Corby, Northants.
The Just Passin' Thru tour is a whirlwind trip through Holland, Belgium and the UK. As the only concert in the South-East of Great Britain, this is a major coup for the Thameside.
Support comes from Gumbo Variation, a psychedelic Afro/Latin jazz/rock jam band from Norwich.
The way we see it, this should be a very dynamite show![/font][/color]

I've got my show and will be there if anyone wants to meet up. Couldn't miss it for the world :D