Why become a member? ×

ns nxt4 eub sounding a little "quacky"??

anyone had their nxt or wav develop a quacky tone? been touring mine for around a year and just lately, especially the g and d have started to sound odd. similar to when you mismatch the a pickup impedance to an amp andthe output is thin, almost like the "q" is wide open. this is new and have always been able to rely on the tone. anyone have any similar experiences? or solutions?

Hi there I have got an NS CRT4 and although Im not sure i had the same problem as you I did have a much worse one!

Mine was fine for a little while then the sound would cut on and off and distort all over the place. I thought the pickup had failed and was in the process of contacting NS to see what i could do with it. In the meantime I took it into Moseley Violins out of desperation and they were able to fix it for me to my utter astonishment.

The problem with mine was that the bridge is a floating bridge (if thats the right description) and it had come out of alignment. I couldn't believe the simple solution to such a massive problem at the time. Moseley Violins didn't know what the problem was when I took it in but with a bit of expert detective work they solved it. Excellent.

Hope that helps.

When the problem occurred the first time I found a quick loosening of the strings and wiggle of the bridge sorted it but not by the end of this one. I think they took the whole thing apart and seated it properly. They did explain what they did but i didn't quite get it as its such a simple construction.

Im not saying that this is the same as you problem as you've got but just sharing my experience really.

Why don't you try taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together again?

Incidentally I found my bass to have a slight nasally sound from the start. I eventually put it through an ART TubePreamp which really made a Great difference to my ears. I use the ART Preamp for my electric bass too. Im a big fan of it. people do say they aren't really giving a REAL tube tone due to voltage restrictions etc BUT whatever it does I like it.