Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted for new Wakefield band

Born to Lose

Bass player wanted for new band - the idea is to do a bit of a mix of R & B, rock & roll, a bit of country, a bit of punk - like Leeds band the Prowlers used to do when I was with them (if you've heard of them, of course) -

One of those things though that could change quite a bit when everyone throws ideas in and stuff gets bounced around - probably just covers though, a good mix of some well known stuff and some not so I guess - if you haven't already, check out the Jim Jones Revue, great attitude and performance.

Not looking to be ridiculously busy, but decent standard of playing, and above all, the enjoyment of playing stuff we like live. Don't worry, we're not the type of people who want to rehearse endlessly and never do anything with it - been there too often thanks.

Other members are well experienced middle-agers based around Wakefield / Leeds area.

All the times I've advertised for musicians before, it's been like pulling teeth, and this time I have three interested parties immediately.

[size=4]I offered the job to someone just yesterday, so hopefully all will work out well, but many thanks indeed to peeps who responded, it's good to know there are people around here who are so keen.[/size]

Rich, I've chatted on here to that Kirky lad, seems like a decent bloke, give him a try if you havent already.

Ps I thought of you the other day, was at City Varieties (remember Ian Hunter & Jason Scorcher??) watching Rich Hall, and the first pre gig song they played, Jason and The Scorchers version of that Dylan one, sweet Marie. I though 'Jesus Christ, if the next one is 'the name of the tractor is John....DEER, I'm off back to the bar'!!!, I'm sure you'll get the new band to do a few of his songs.