Why become a member? ×

Quick release straplocks

I'm close to tears right now (typical woman!), I bought some Fender quick release straplocks and followed the instructions, took the old buttons out and screwed in the new ones - which proceeded to just keep turning and turning as if the hole is too big - put the old ones back in and now they're the same so I can't use my strap :([size=4] [/size][size=4] [/size][size=4] Also the other part doesn't fit on the horn end of my strap because it's too thick... wish I'd left well alone :rolleyes: Any suggestions :unsure:[/size]

[quote name='sammybee' timestamp='1400758846' post='2456672']
Same thing happened to me. Just get a cocktail stick/toothpick and snap it off in the screwhole. Then screw your straplocks in as normal. Hey presto a tight strap lock.
[/quote]

thank you so much! feel much better already! (I'm hopeless at anything DIY can barely change a lightbulb lol!)

Keep your eye on them, though, they will almost certainly work loose again. Schallers are notorious for this, the screws are too thin. I went through matchsticks, cocktail sticks., then drilled out the strap buttons and used fatter screws. The best solution is to drill out the old screws, glue in a dowel and screw into that, but if you're not much for woodwork that may be tricky. I gave up and went for Grolsch bottle washers in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='SaxyBassist' timestamp='1400785578' post='2457067']
[size=4]I can't even change a light bulb :lol:[/size]
[/quote]
[list]
[*]How many women does it take to change a light bulb?
[*]One. She just holds the light bulb up to the socket and waits for the whole world to revolve around her.
[/list]

:D :P ;)
[size=4] [/size]
[size=4]*Runs away and hides behind sofa* [/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1403001613' post='2478664'][list]
[*]How many women does it take to change a light bulb?
[*]One. She just holds the light bulb up to the socket and waits for the whole world to revolve around her.
[/list]

:D :P ;)

[size=4]*Runs away and hides behind sofa* [/size]
[/quote]

Sounds about right :lol:[size=4] [/size]