Why become a member? ×

May Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

OK, I've voted, but I maintain that it's not good enough. I'll have a think and see if there's not a system which allows for more recognition for all the entries. Having one out in front is fine (and well deserved, each time..! :) ), but there are [i]so [/i]many (all..?) that deserve to be honoured. For instance, how about the Eurovision-type system, awarding (for 10 entries...) 1 for least, 2 for better... up to 10 for best of bunch..? They'd still be a clear winner, but every other would also get at least [i]some [/i]points..? They're all [i]too [/i]good, that's the problem..! A bit less quality would make it far easier. Hmm... I'll be back. <_<

[quote][/quote]
[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1401279890' post='2461940']
OK, I've voted, but I maintain that it's not good enough. I'll have a think and see if there's not a system which allows for more recognition for all the entries. Having one out in front is fine (and well deserved, each time..! :) ), but there are [i]so [/i]many (all..?) that deserve to be honoured. For instance, how about the Eurovision-type system, awarding (for 10 entries...) 1 for least, 2 for better... up to 10 for best of bunch..? They'd still be a clear winner, but every other would also get at least [i]some [/i]points..? They're all [i]too [/i]good, that's the problem..! A bit less quality would make it far easier. Hmm... I'll be back. <_<
[/quote]if we go for a Eurovision style voting system, I insist on cringey friend of each member ringing up skol and saying "hello skol this is Helsinki calling, we want to congratulate you on the super duper show you are doing... *awkward silence*.. and here are our votes"..... also a lady with a beard

I could get the missus to attempt a version of the Polish entry, WHICH SHOULD OF WON, check it out for blatant use of sexual suggestion. It cracked me up, not that I watched it (oh the shame) I just happened to flick over in an advert break.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ920cN2HmA"]https://www.youtube....h?v=VJ920cN2HmA[/url]

:)

Edited by Stephen Houghton

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1401293648' post='2462159']...check it out for blatant use of sexual suggestion...[/quote]

I must have missed that, darn it; so busy intently listening to the musical content and fine singing I hadn't noticed. What's all this about bearded, too..? I see no facial hair on the girls in the video, despite close inspection..! :lol:
Still, if beards count towards victory in our Challenge, I've a headstart on more than a few of you, I'm sure. Not quite ZZ Top, but not far short..! B) We'll revise the rules to have a recent photo included, then, eh..? Meanwhile we'll eagerly await seeing your good lady dancing '[i]à la Polonaise[/i]'. Cameras rolling... :gas:

Strange, I listened to all of them and when I got to timhiggins, it didn't make any sound. I knew there was something wrong, as there were comments, but no sound. Then my wife tried it, no sound.
Then i tried it in firefox, it worked.

So they all worked in safari apart from that one, which worked in firefox..

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1401303158' post='2462286']
Strange, I listened to all of them and when I got to timhiggins, it didn't make any sound. I knew there was something wrong, as there were comments, but no sound. Then my wife tried it, no sound.

[/quote]No I didnt cover 4minutes and 33 seconds of silence ,I did wonder why i had stopped getting votes after a flying start i reckon the fix is in ! :angry:

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1401303158' post='2462286']

[/quote]

Morning all. I'm in mid-Wales on a work trip and have minimal mobile/Internet connection.

I've just quickly tested Tim's link on my phone and a colleague's laptop and it seems to be working fine.

Is anyone else having problems with it?

[b][size=5]UPDATE:[/size][/b] quickly stopped at a cafe with in Aberystwyth with WiFi... tested the link on another laptop and sure enough there's no sound when the track plays in Safari, but there is via Firefox. Weird!! Must be a browser issue of some kind. I've just re-attached the link at the start of this thread and it now seems to be working fine. Very sorry Tim! I used Firefox myself, but I'll make sure the links get tested in Safari in future.

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1401355350' post='2462668']
Morning all. I'm in mid-Wales on a work trip and have minimal mobile/Internet connection.

I've just quickly tested Tim's link on my phone and a colleague's laptop and it seems to be working fine.

Is anyone else having problems with it?

[b][size=5]UPDATE:[/size][/b] quickly stopped at a cafe with in Aberystwyth with WiFi... tested the link on another laptop and sure enough there's no sound when the track plays in Safari, but there is via Firefox. Weird!! Must be a browser issue of some kind. I've just re-attached the link at the start of this thread and it now seems to be working fine. Very sorry Tim! I used Firefox myself, but I'll make sure the links get tested in Safari in future.
[/quote] No problem Paul thanks for sorting it mate.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1401404603' post='2463438']
I can't stop singing one of these songs. It's stuck In my head. It's not the song I voted for though. Some great tracks this month.
[/quote]

Yes, I get that, too... "Doctor, help me..! This dub-step is crazy..! Doctor, help me..! This dub-step is crazy..!". Catchy, innit..? :lol:

Voted. Well done everyone. I wanted to join in this month, had a good idea which I developed but just don't have the time or wherewithal to get it recorded. Hats off to those that manage it.

Edited by Kirky

Yeah......................................life is complete, I have finally achieved a major goal in life, to top the composition comp :)

Seriously, well done everyone there were some great entries this month and the standard of production is getting better all the time, I voted for Lord Sausage, I really liked his track wasn't an easy decision though, there were a couple of others came a very close second.

:thank_you: :D

Wow..! What a cracker this month turned out to be..! Well done, of course, Stephen, for a worthy victory, although, without taking any credit from your work, the other offerings ran you a hard chase..! Brilliant stuff from all. My own vote went to what could be called an underdog, although that's a very disparaging way to describe such a fine piece. No, no losers this month,only winners, with one getting more 'wins' than the rest..!
OK, Stephen, so where's your pic, eh..? Eh..? Can we see the new pic, can we..? Can we..? Eh..? Where is it, eh..? Eh..? :gas:

Edited by Dad3353