Why become a member? ×

Composing Bass lines for cash.

Hitman14

Hey guys!

Very new to the board and new to playing bass. I am jamming with friends and I am not really good at writing bass lines but can play from tabs. I am looking for someone who would be interested it writing some basslines for me and tabing them out and if they have paypal I will be more than happy to pay for the effort. If anyone is interested please drop me a pm or email. It would be very helpful to me and I can ensure regular work.

Many thanks guys.

H

[quote name='Hitman14' timestamp='1401111549' post='2460127']...Very new to the board and new to playing bass...[/quote]

Good evening, Hitman14, and ...

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.com/][IMG]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/14389/tekst_welkom~0.gif[/IMG][/URL]

... to the forum.

I'm somewhat intrigued by this. What kind of music are you looking for (Pop..? Metal..? Soft jazz..?). Could you post an example of the type of song you need..? Is there not any way that, instead of paying us to compose for you, you could, instead, pay for a few bass lessons..? If proximity is a problem, be aware that there are numerous teachers able and willing to work through 'Skype', and get you up to speed quite quickly. Is this not an option..?
Basically, I'm a drummer, but I'm pretty sure that I could whip up a couple of dozen bass lines which don't exceed the competence of a bass beginner. I shan't go into the debate over tab v bass score, but if you're starting out, it's not difficult at all to read bass lines from a stave. A few days, going slowly, and it's done. No big deal. Tabs have their advantages, but not many.
Give us an idea of what result you want and I'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice.
Hope this helps...

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Hitman14' timestamp='1401111549' post='2460127']
Hey guys!

Very new to the board and new to playing bass. I am jamming with friends and I am not really good at writing bass lines but can play from tabs. I am looking for someone who would be interested it writing some basslines for me and tabing them out and if they have paypal I will be more than happy to pay for the effort. If anyone is interested please drop me a pm or email. It would be very helpful to me and I can ensure regular work.

Many thanks guys.

H
[/quote]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
This is a really common problem for a lot of people. I have just started a free youtube series covering things like using chord tones, what the role of a bass player is, how to start building a line and what you can get by listening to others. [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHIHncaNaDw"]Check out part 1 of 3 here[/url]. Hopefully it will shed some light on this subject.[/font][/color]
Best,[/font][/color]
Hugh[/font][/color]
www.hughrichardson.co.uk[/font][/color]