Why become a member? ×

new to the forum old to the bassworld

philobedo

Hi guys and of course ladies,
just a quick low down on the gear
guitars....Fender Precision, Musicman Stingray, Fender Jazz, Squire Jazz, Tokai TB 48 (all lefties)
Amps......Trace Elliot, TC electronics.
I've just parted company with my Ashdown ABM 900, 4x10, 1x15 rig and have finished a full box of Kleenex tissues. :(
The reason being that the gigs we're playing don't need such a beast, and it weighed a bloody ton. I'm using the Trace 1x15 combo with a TC BC 2x12 underneath with excellent results.....however I want to ditch the Trace and go for a lightweight head so heres where I need help...the question is TC RH 450 or Orange Terror 500??
Any help is appreciated
Cheers

I won't join in with the inevitable lightweight head recommendation shenanigans - but welcome to the forum. :)

Edit: You could have a look at this for starters...
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237773-aguilar-tonehammer-500-vs-little-mark-iii-or-any-other-suggestions/page__pid__2461260#entry2461260"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237773-aguilar-tonehammer-500-vs-little-mark-iii-or-any-other-suggestions/page__pid__2461260#entry2461260[/url]

Edited by discreet

Welcome, Philobedo!

As to your question, you're probably best helped if you ask this in the Amps&Cabs forum within the Gear section. I can't remember having seen a direct comparison, but they are both extensively described there. Also, they are quite different animals in several respects, and you will probably need to hear them. General tendency, I believe, is that the Terror Bass is recognised as a one trick pony with a bloody fantastic trick, whilst the RH450 seems to me to evoke more disagreement. It's certainly more flexible and luxurious, and probably more General Purpose than the Terror Bass.

Enjoy the forum!

bert

Edited by BassTractor

PS. I'm a lefty too
But I play right-handed, for some odd reason
There are a few threads discussing this oddity somewhere,
and several, like me, who thought that was more unusual than it actually turns out to be.....

Hey Phil

Welcome back to the forum, after all you've been a member here for a few years...

I'm currently waiting for the release of the 2 new Bugera Veyron 2000w lightweight heads - rumoured to be around the £250-300 mark - will throw down the gauntlet for other manufacturers. You may want to wait before making any decisions about getting a new head...

Edited by TheGreek