Why become a member? ×

Mini Bass Bash in West Sussex - Sunday 31 August 2014

silverfoxnik

I`m up for it. Have a gig in Derby on 30th so may be staying over, but if we`re coming back the same night will try and make the effort - be good of some of us Herts/Beds/Bucks/N London Basschatters can all go down in one car together - all take a turn at the wheel.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1401560821' post='2464802']
I've pinned this thread - please change the title and edit the first post to reflect the date and place agreed :)
I'll tweet this in due course :)
[/quote]

Thanks bluejay ; will do :)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1401561394' post='2464812']
I`m up for it. Have a gig in Derby on 30th so may be staying over, but if we`re coming back the same night will try and make the effort - be good of some of us Herts/Beds/Bucks/N London Basschatters can all go down in one car together - all take a turn at the wheel.
[/quote]

Sounds good... I'd better get more biscuits in then! :)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1401700393' post='2465870']
Thanks Nik! I've just tweeted this - and the number of "guests" to this thread has duly shot up :D
Some of us west Londoners are hoping to attend too, although we can't confirm as yet :)
[/quote]

Great :)

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1401703904' post='2465917']
Biggest and best gigging weekend of the year so it is a no from me.
The summer is pretty much out as well anyway....

Good luck with it.
[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1401725361' post='2466204']
I've got gigs pencilled in for both Friday 29th and Saturday 30th in West London, so I'm going to hold off putting my name on the list.

If one or both of those gigs fail to materialise then I'll be there.
[/quote]

It'd be great to see you Jack, but obviously, gigs must come first!!

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1401740075' post='2466455']
How's this going to differ from the usual format?

We'll plug this at the Herts Bash too and hope that we can raise the numbers too...
[/quote]

I rather like the 'usual format' but I'm open to others too.

We'll plug this at the Herts Bash too and hope that we can raise the numbers too...
[/quote]It'll be a much smaller affair. It's a little country village hall that you could probably fit into the main hall at the SE Bash a couple of times over :)

Just wondering Nik, will the cricket season be over by then or might it be out as a venue ... and will be getting a visit from Grouty's boys up the road if we make too much noise!? :o

[/quote]

Thanks Mick!

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1401747401' post='2466568']
It'll be a much smaller affair. It's a little country village hall that you could probably fit into the main hall at the SE Bash a couple of times over :)

Just wondering Nik, will the cricket season be over by then or might it be out as a venue ... and will be getting a visit from Grouty's boys up the road if we make too much noise!? :o
[/quote]

You're absolutely right Al - it's a much smaller venue than the one we use for the South East Bash, so there just isn't the space to have talks, workshops, jam rooms and other stuff happening simultaneously.. This is going to be a very Old Skool bash! :)

Being a bit of a Luddite, I have no idea about the cricket season at all, but I do know that there's nothing else happening there on this particular day because I asked for a date when the venue is completely free, so we could make loads of noise and not disturb anyone.

Er.... Who, what, where are 'Groutys Boys up the road'?? Sounds a bit scary!!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1401750626' post='2466592']
Er.... Who, what, where are 'Groutys Boys up the road'?? Sounds a bit scary!!
[/quote] Clumsy Porridge reference to 'Genial' Harry Grout & Ford, Nik
[url="http://youtu.be/5xOldHAIXXo?t=1m33s"]http://youtu.be/5xOldHAIXXo?t=1m33s[/url]

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1401772052' post='2466620']
Clumsy Porridge reference to 'Genial' Harry Grout & Ford, Nik
[url="http://youtu.be/5xOldHAIXXo?t=1m33s"]http://youtu.be/5xOldHAIXXo?t=1m33s[/url]
[/quote]

Ah; got it ! :D

Here's an updated list with a couple of extra names on it of people who have indicated they might be coming.. I've also put on what gear i expect to be taking on the day..

Please add your gear to the list if you can - thanks:

01. Silverfoxnik: Levinson Blade B15, Schecter Diamond P5, BC Rich Eagle, Hughes & Kettner Bassbase600 head, SWR Triad, Schroeder 21012 and some FX
02. JapanAxe
03. KiOgon
04. kristinaelias
05. WalMan
06. chimike
07. Hen barn
08. jhk
09. 51m0n
10. olliedf89

01. Silverfoxnik: Levinson Blade B15, Schecter Diamond P5, BC Rich Eagle, Hughes & Kettner Bassbase600 head, SWR Triad, Schroeder 21012 and some FX
02. JapanAxe: Gens Benz Streamliner 900, BF Midget, '73 P, G&L L1505, Fender Pawn Shop Mustang
03. KiOgon
04. kristinaelias
05. WalMan
06. chimike
07. Hen barn
08. jhk
09. 51m0n
10. olliedf89

02. JapanAxe: Gens Benz Streamliner 900, BF Midget, '73 P, G&L L1505, Fender Pawn Shop Mustang
03. KiOgon
04. kristinaelias
05. WalMan: Streamliner 600, [i]or possibly Aguiler TH350 if I've pulled the trigger by then[/i] :rolleyes: , Barefaced Super12T, Wal, G&L L2500's, synth & bass pedals
06. chimike
07. Hen barn
08. jhk
09. 51m0n
10. olliedf89

51m0n - it's also close enough that if I forget I can go home and get the HDD feet for the Alesis!!