Why become a member? ×

Cardiff & South Wales bass bash 2014 Saturday 19th July confirmed

gelfin

Hi all.

[b][size=5]Date now confirmed for the Bash. 19th July 2014.[/size][/b]. :lol:

[size=5][b]Start around 2pm till we finish.[/b][/size]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The venue as before is Park End Church CF23 6EG[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Llandenis rd.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Map details below[/font][/color]

[url="https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parkend+church+cardiff&rlz=1C1_____en-gbGB479GB479&aq=1&oq=parkend+ch&aqs=chrome.2.57j0l3j60.11202&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"]https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8[/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plenty of parking space in it's own car park and no major gasworks this time so access is easy.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As before the venue is free, so is tea and coffee. (on a help yourself basis)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Time wise I suggest starting around 2pm and going on to around 6pm.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Venue rules are No smoking in the premises and NO alcohol.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Although all is free I feel it would be nice to have a donations box, the contents going to the Church for tea coffee etc.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For those that missed it last time.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are two rooms to use. A large hall where most congregate and a smaller room which is for more quieter kit!!![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pass the word around and let's make it better than before.[/font][/color]

Edited by gelfin

Top of thread edited to give venue details. Lots of new names showing interest which is great to hear.

I will be at committee meeting tomorrow so should be able to finalise the date.

Edited by gelfin

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1401390112' post='2463221']
Might be nice for a few of us from the Bristol area to pop along too :) Do you have an idea on the venue yet?
[/quote]

Venue details added to first post. Would be great to have a few Bristolians over.

Great news - lets hope I can keep that date free
I'm really looking forward to it....

Never having been to a bass bash before,
what's the protocol?
Shall I bring a bass, or an amp, or both?
Or a double bass?

.... or all of the above ;)

Hi all. Please let us know who is likely to come to the bash and what kit you will be bringing.

I will have:

Ric 4003
Tokai T Bird
Epi Explorer
Toby Pro 4
My home built twin neck
Mazetti 8 string

Gallien Kreuger RB400/15 combo
Gallien Kreuger Fusion 550 head with GLX 410 and BLX 210 cabs

Plus a few little treats in our practice room.

I'm really hoping the Kramer 8 string will put in an appearance as well.

I'm planning on coming Gelfin. Probably bring something a little different this time...... My Ashdown MiBass Interface and ipad with the Ampkit app on it. It has an Ashdown amp and cab on the ipad. You can play along to a set list with the amp and you can buy pedals for it too :-D problem is I haven't worked out how to play it through a real cab.I think you have to run it into a PA. I've only got it working with headphones but the new Ashdown combos have a lead and slot for it so you can play it through the new combos. I've got quite a few new basses since last time and I'll probably bring a couple of these. Warwick Pro Star Bass, 60s MIM Jazz with covers on it, a Cabronita P Bass, a Ray34CA, an Ibanez fretless , I should have my new Fender FSR PJ by then but not my custom shop 59P Heavy Relic. If anyone has a preference let me know guys which you'd like me to bring. Oh yes .. And Gary I could bring my G & L2500 again :-D Looking forward to trying the Rick again.... Still trying to convince myself I need one lol