Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH1000 repair - blown transistor

drchopps

I have recently blown one of the transistors in the power amp of my Hartke LH1000 and am trying to get hold of one to replace it with. I have contacted Hartke but they are apparently not very prompt with their email replies.
I have identified the transistor on the schematic as A1837 and was wondering if anyone could help me source one of these? I took it to RS Components but they couldn't help and I really don't want to pay a repair man to do a fix I can carry out myself.

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers

[quote name='drchopps' timestamp='1401533150' post='2464468']...Any help would be really appreciated...[/quote]

Any good..?...

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-2SA1837-A1837-Power-Amplifier-Transistor-NEW-/220656785215"]A1837 sur t'bay...[/url]

It's Korg that handle Hartke spares in the UK, I think; I've always found them to be more than helpful.

Couple of things to bear in mind here:

1) Unless you can ascertain and correct the issue that caused the power transistor failure in the first place, putting new ones in isn't sensible.

2) If one of the power transistors has failed then there is a fair chance that the others (having been equally battered) are not far off failure as well.

• 1 month later...