Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash Sun 5 Oct 11.00-5.00 - Risley Park Hotel, Derby Road, Risley DE72 3SS

Owen

There were mutterings about one of these some time ago. I would invite everyone up to my corner of the world, but it is pretty far away from everywhere. Given a central location, who would turn up? Obv I have no idea how this would work.

List names below

1. Owen

Edited by owen

1 Owen
2 TPJ
3 Clarky
4 PTB

Could we have someone come and give a slap lesson/masterclass. I would love to be able to do it well but all the youtube clips in the world can't compare with seeing it in the flesh.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Owen[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 TPJ[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Clarky[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4 PTB[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Hector[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If everyone's as awesome as they are on the forum, it'll be a great get together! Depends of course on time and location....[/font][/color]

For those too far away, maybe a big-screen 'Skype' session could be incorporated..? I organised last year a bash in France and did a 'live' web-cast, which was watched in several countries; with the current version of 'Skype', it could be interactive..!
Just an idea. ;)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1401658827' post='2465666']
For those too far away, maybe a big-screen 'Skype' session could be incorporated..? I organised last year a bash in France and did a 'live' web-cast, which was watched in several countries; with the current version of 'Skype', it could be interactive..!
Just an idea. ;)
[/quote]
Excellent idea

As per the OP: [b][i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Given a central location, who would turn up?[/font][/color][/i][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I don't think Owen meant the Central Lowlands ...[/font][/color]

Count me in. A location close to the M1 as a 'spine' would be helpful. With this in mind there is the Walnut Tree at Blisworth,close to J15. It has a good large room and a few Saturday vacances. Or would somewhere more northerly be preferred?

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1401727157' post='2466236']
Count me in. A location close to the M1 as a 'spine' would be helpful. With this in mind there is the Walnut Tree at Blisworth,close to J15. It has a good large room and a few Saturday vacances. Or would somewhere more northerly be preferred?
[/quote]

well I would be ok with that.. its only 2 junctions up the M1 from me.... and its as far north as I ever want to go ;) :lol: