Why become a member? ×

June Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1401998502' post='2469168']
did we once set a time limit on tracks? if so what was it, mine is just under 5 minutes
[/quote]

[quote][b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating![/quote]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1401837041' post='2467467']
Sounds great Lord Sausage,cant wait to see what this one turns out like. Thought the pic may get any of you Eno heads out there coming up with some tasty trippy stuff :)
[/quote]
That was my first impression as well but I started putting an idea together today and it sounds all country and laid back but it somehow works (in my head)....... Your song from last month is still bouncing around in my head, over and over, it's extremely catchy.

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1401837041' post='2467467']
Sounds great Lord Sausage,cant wait to see what this one turns out like. Thought the pic may get any of you Eno heads out there coming up with some tasty trippy stuff :)
[/quote]

Not sure about Eno, but mine's turning into some sort of crazed trip; so far it's somewhere between Essential Logic and Fad Gadget with a touch of Throbbing Gristle for good measure. And I haven't even got a keyboard yet!

heres my take on it [url="https://soundcloud.com/stuartgeary/cities-by-night"]https://soundcloud.com/stuartgeary/cities-by-night[/url]
got a new bass today a yamaha bb424x and knocked up a recording with it :rolleyes:

Edited by stu_g

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1402435873' post='2473582']
heres my take on it [url="https://soundcloud.com/stuartgeary/cities-by-night"]https://soundcloud.c...cities-by-night[/url]
got a new bass today a yamaha bb424x and knocked up a recording with it :rolleyes:
[/quote]

??? :huh: Stu, I think there's been a mix-up somewhere. The photo you're playing to is not the photo in the first post of this thread (the 'Starry Skies'..?). Either [i]you've[/i] composed to the wrong pic or [i]I [/i]have, but I don't think it's me. :blush:
Check it out with Skol303; there's still plenty of time for correcting things if he confirms my suspicions. Shame to be off subject, as it's a decent track in other respects.
Subject to completion, correction and/or contradiction from others; hope this helps.

OK , it would appear oohs and aaahs are not on the menu this month , so I will give you something that is ...Above and beyond :rolleyes:

https://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/above-and-beyond

It does seem to have been compressed a fair bit by Sound cloud and has somehow feels a touch muted . I also think I have noticed it before . ah well , I hope you enjoy

Excellent, Lurks..! We can always imagine the oohs and aaahs if we wish, but they wouldn't be missed if you had said nothing about them. I very much like the development, the progression, the evolution portrayed. It's odd that my train of thought (slight over-statement there..!) was very similar to yours, but the result is very different..! Great minds, eh..? (... or was that 'fools'...). We'll just have to wait for the others to catch up, now. Fancy a game of 'Hangman'..?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Clue: Oberon, Miranda and Titania...

Your go...

PS: ... and, 'Yes, my tracks, too, sound much more 'crisp' [i]à la maison[/i], before uploading and treatment'. Part of the technology, I suppose; don't know how to improve that. :unsure:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1402763410' post='2476649']

Good to hear; I wish my 'system' was so obliging..! So, there'll be another masterpiece offered..? Can't wait... :)
[/quote]
Masterpiece ????? I wish. I'm trapped in this ridiculous piece where a dying father(parent) becomes a star. Its a dreadful song that I'm compelled to see through for some unknown reason. Honestly it was this or some space rave nonsense so this is it, for better or worse. It's too low for my voice.......... Blah blah blah poor old me my nose is nackered. You get the idea..... I'm having a bad week. Monday is almost here though. Fresh beginnings and all that. Yawn.

Good to hear you're all being busy!

I managed to make a brief start on mine at the weekend. It's a sci-fi inspired, soundtrack-ish, electronic ambient number with very little sense of melody.

So that's me set to win the [i]'Toe-Tapper of the Year'[/i] award, for sure :D