Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Outstanding Customer Service

To cut a long story short I recently I bought a set of my favourite strings Rotosound 45's and for some weird reason one of the strings snapped at the machine head while playing so I went on-line to source a new single string and to cut a long story short nowhere I tried on-line or locally could get me a single string :( So I sent an email to Jason at Rotosound UK explaining what had happened and how I could not source a single string so a couple of days later Jason and one of his colleagues John sent me a really helpful email and are sending me a new string free of charge now to me that is OUTSTANDING customer service so really just wanted to say a public thanks and share my good experience cheers Rotosound you have cheered my day up :)

Edited by Thunderbird

You're (and in fact all of us are) protected by the The Sale Of Goods Act regarding the sale of goods in this country and it clearly states you are entitled to a refund if the goods you purchased fail to be:[list]
[*]of merchantable quality or
[*]fit for the purpose described
[/list]
and I'd expect a new string snapping in the manner you describe to be an example of not fit for purpose. It's probably the case that more of us really ought to complain when this sort of thing happens but often don't and put it down to experience. Anyway, I'm glad Rotosound sorted it out for you!

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1401815284' post='2467189']
You're (and in fact all of us are) protected by the The Sale Of Goods Act regarding the sale of goods in this country and it clearly states you are entitled to a refund if the goods you purchased fail to be:[list]
[*]of merchantable quality or
[*]fit for the purpose described
[/list]
and I'd expect a new string snapping in the manner you describe to be an example of not fit for purpose. It's probably the case that more of us really ought to complain when this sort of thing happens but often don't and put it down to experience. Anyway, I'm glad Rotosound sorted it out for you!
[/quote]
That is very true but sadly as we all know if we ever have a faulty item be it a bass or anything else lots of retailers will try to wiggle out of replacing the item and blame the customer or give them some form of BS but the Rotosound guys did not try to blame or belittle me they just sent me a new string no questions asked and were polite and friendly a big +1 in my book