Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN MM Bongo Bass 4HH
£1000

JazzBassfreak

Reidys, about 20 miles from me, have one up on FEEBay at the moment at £895 free delivery.
Going to try and sneak over there tomorrow to have a bit play with it. If it goes well I may be back in touch Chas.
Meanwhile...

Bump.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1404675089' post='2494647']
Reidys, about 20 miles from me, have one up on FEEBay at the moment at £895 free delivery.
Going to try and sneak over there tomorrow to have a bit play with it. If it goes well I may be back in touch Chas.
Meanwhile...

Bump.
[/quote]

Ah ok mate! Saw that, it looks abit beaten in the Sapphire Black if I'm not mistaken, still, all round sweet basses. Your welcome to come try before you buy man, but I'm sure I'm a way off from ya :)

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1404675880' post='2494660']
Ah ok mate! Saw that, it looks abit beaten in the Sapphire Black if I'm not mistaken, still, all round sweet basses. Your welcome to come try before you buy man, but I'm sure I'm a way off from ya :)
[/quote]

Yup, closer to try their's so if I hate it at least I haven't done a 200 mile + round trip.
Not sure if it's a bit beaten or it's reflected light, they state "great condition" but one man's great condition is anothers road worn.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1404764645' post='2495560']
Lol you are a very naughty boy Karl :o
[/quote]

You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment :P

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1404765061' post='2495569']
You finally gave in ;)
[/quote]

GLWTS

Any interest in a Les Paul Supreme?

It's a Les Paul, but with a chambered body to keep the weight down (which may help with the back).

I bought it from Andertons from new but haven't taken it off the wall in ages. It should be played.

If anyone is looking at this bass and in two minds about it for any reason, as already mentioned, until very recently this bass used to be mine and I can personally vouch for it being a superb instrument in every way.

This Bongo was totally like brand new when Chas got it from me, and I expect he has looked after it well in the interim period. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought this bass brand new early in 2012 and literally hardly played it during the time I had it. You might see slightly cheaper Bongos advertised elsewhere now and again, but this is a recent example that was in exceptional condition when Chas received it from me . It is also in the relatively rare gloss black finish ( it suits these basses [u][i]so[/i][/u] well) with a known ownership history and that makes it worth a little bit more.

I am a massive fan of Bongo basses, and if you are looking for a bass with a punchy modern sound , fantastic playability and a bit of attitude and personality then I can't imagine you being disappointed with one of these. What I love most about the tone of these basses is the guts and sheer power they have , especially when compared to the overly polite sound of most hi tech active basses. I love using my Bongo for busy, up-front bass playing like was popular during my formative years in the 1980's, but you could just as easily play a mellow, laid back groove with one . These basses won't sound " vintage" or like a Fender in any way, but why would you want it to? The tone has got a hint of Stingray lurking in it , but has a much more focused and articulate midrange and a sweeter treble. The four band EQ with dual-band mids means you can get a very wide variety of very usable tones from these basses, but even with EQ flat, they are very musical and sound fatter than a greedy chav with a wife who works in the local chip shop ( Mrs Dingus works in a feminist bookshop . No free chips and I have to do the cooking for " idealogical " reasons, apparently :( )

I sold this bass to Chas just a couple of months ago because I have another bass the exactly same and currently have no need for two identical basses , but I wouldn't be without my remaining Bongo . Buy this one and use the 18 volt active circuit to pound your enemies into submission. Comes with a very nice moulded ABS Musicman-branded case that says " Bongo " on it , too.

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404890169' post='2496646']
If anyone is looking at this bass and in two minds about it for any reason, as already mentioned, until very recently this bass used to be mine and I can personally vouch for it being a superb instrument in every way.

This Bongo was literally like brand new when Chas got it from me, and I expect he has looked after it well in the interim period. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought this bass brand new early in 2012 and literally hardly played it during the time I had it. You might see slightly cheaper Bongos advertised elsewhere now and again, but this is a recent example that was in exceptional condition when Chas received it from me . It is also in the relatively rare gloss black finish ( it suits these basses [u][i]so[/i][/u] well) with a known ownership history and that makes it worth a little bit more.

I am a massive fan of Bongo basses, and if you are looking for a bass with a punchy modern sound , fantastic playability and a bit of attitude and personality then I can't imagine you being disappointed with one of these. What I love most about the tone of these basses is the guts and sheer power they have , especially when compared to the overly polite sound of most hi tech active basses. I love using my Bongo for busy, up-front bass playing like was popular during my formative years in the 1980's, but you could just as easily play a mellow, laid back groove with one . These basses won't sound " vintage" or like a Fender in any way, but why would you want it to? The tone has got a hint of Stingray lurking in it , but has a much more focused and articulate midrange and a sweeter treble. The four band EQ with dual-band mids means you can get a very wide variety of very usable tones from these basses, but even with EQ flat, they are very musical and sound fatter than a greedy chav with a wife who works in the local chip shop ( Mrs Dingus works in a feminist bookshop . No free chips and I have to do the cooking for " idealogical " reasons, apparently :( )

I sold this bass to Chas just a couple of months ago because I have another bass the exactly same and currently have no need for two identical basses , but I wouldn't be without my remaining Bongo . Buy this one and use the 18 volt active circuit to pound your enemies into submission. Comes with a very nice moulded ABS Musicman-branded case that says " Bongo " on it , too.
[/quote]

And she's a cracker! I managed to pick it up the other day (don't tell the employer) and used it for some recording. I still found it really light but really light isn't light enough for me atm! I do have use for a guitar, but then again it'd just stare at me until I hurt myself trying to pick it up. I did think about pulling the sale last night. But I'll leave it a few days and see what goes on :)

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1404910487' post='2496883']
I think you should keep your Bongo , Chas, because you may well miss it if you make a full recovery ( fingers crossed :) ), but I suppose you could always buy another one later.
[/quote]

Won't be one as good ;)

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1404910745' post='2496887']
Won't be one as good ;)
[/quote]

I seriously doubt you would find one as good as this , Chas. or one as recent as this one . As you know, I have no axe to grind seeing as you paid me ages ago and I have already spent all the money on hookers and chocolate biscuits. This is a spanky hotrod of a bass.

A lot of the used Bongos you see for sale in the U.K are from the first flush of Bongos that came into this country in the early 2000's when it was a new model and the U.K importer ordered a load of them in anticipation of big demand for the first totally new model of MM bass since 1976. After those first run basses were sold, most new Bongos were special orders for customers ( like this one) and so they are far less likely to end up on the secondhand market. .

Edited by Dingus