Why become a member? ×

NBD - Limelight Jazz Bass 1960 YOB *Spitfire Guard!*

discreet

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1406584917' post='2512845']
Yummy, i like ...i'm considering ;)
[/quote]

You won't be disappointed. Trouble is, once you've seen Spitfire tort nothing else comes close. ;)
Edit: Apart from a genuine vintage guard, of course.

Edited by discreet

Got a new camera, so took some new pics and started a thread on TalkBass...
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/threads/limelight-uk-1960-stack-knob-jazz-bass.1093248/"]http://www.talkbass.com/threads/limelight-uk-1960-stack-knob-jazz-bass.1093248/[/url]

Hope it doesn't create a crapstorm over there, I think they are bit fussier about, er... 'branding issues' than we are - if you can believe it after all the Limelight shenanigans we had on here a while back... ;)

If you're one of those people who don't want to sully themselves with things American, I've uploaded the same pics to Photobucket.
[url="http://s734.photobucket.com/user/discreet-uk/library/Limelight%20Stacker%2060"]http://s734.photobucket.com/user/discreet-uk/library/Limelight%20Stacker%2060[/url]

And that's it! I'm taking NO more pictures of that particular bass!! :) I thank you.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406725112' post='2514094']
Hope it doesn't create a crapstorm over there, I think they are bit fussier about, er... 'branding issues' than we are - if you can believe it after all the Limelight shenanigans we had on here a while back... ;)
[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure. I posted a thread about mine - I got lots of compliments and nothing about the sticker on the headstock.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1406725721' post='2514102']
I wouldn't be so sure. I posted a thread about mine - I got lots of compliments and nothing about the sticker on the headstock.
[/quote]

Thanks for this... I just noticed your post over there. Well that's good news. When I posted my Bass Doc Custom P on here I got all sorts of crap from an American builder about the F decal. Which is weird, because he was basically building Fenders and his decal was in fact an F decal script copy anyway (just using his name)! Tsk! :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1406743869' post='2514347']
Bada$$ bridge, a neck and body full refin, set of Bartolini pickups, and a John East preamp and I would be all over this :lol:
[/quote]

Yes... I think you may just be pretending not to understand somewhat, there. :)

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1406746116' post='2514397']
I like your white sofas, but I'm not so keen on UPVC doorstep
[/quote]

That's not a doorstep, that's me conservatory. I'm nothing if not middle-class. :P

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406726300' post='2514109']

Thanks for this... I just noticed your post over there. Well that's good news. When I posted my Bass Doc Custom P on here I got all sorts of crap from an American builder about the F decal. Which is weird, because he was basically building Fenders and his decal was in fact an F decal script copy anyway (just using his name)! Tsk! :)
[/quote]

You may have noticed that I have refrained from posting certain pics of my new bass for related reasons...

Edited by skej21

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1406829242' post='2515142']
You may have noticed that I have refrained from posting certain pics of my new bass for related reasons...
[/quote]

Don't think it matters much as MMR is no longer supplying basses with decals, so all basses up to that point are... historical.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1406829735' post='2515151']

Don't think it matters much as MMR is no longer supplying basses with decals, so all basses up to that point are... historical.
[/quote]

Mine doesn't have a decal, just Marks s/n on the rear of the headstock. I'm not worried about it either way. It's my bass now and Mark did everything as he should have. Whether it ends up with one is a totally different matter...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1408181629' post='2527835']
I got the chance to play this yesterday, sadly not through an amp as I don't have one any more but even acoustically it sounded good and is a real work of art.
[/quote]

Limelight Jazz incoming, Dave?? :D